Aeroforce Intercepter Groupbuy

sprayed99

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for the info Brian!! I'm gonna try to plug them in tomorrow morning. if that doesn't work, I'll have to find a hot.

I didn't mean to steer this away from your issues Dylan. hopefully they find yours!!!!!

you may want to read this

af.jpg

This whole power issue is spelled out pretty clearly in the manual... My dual gauges are working just fine, they power up and down correctly and don't cycle on/off while the truck is off... But in the manual it says that you can force them to come on/off with the power wire (just wire it up, remove the jumper(s) and go... So what's the big deal? If they work already, awesome, if they don't, hardwire the suckers...

I finally had the time to test my gauges. They turned on when I first plugged them in before I turned the key. I idled the truck and they seemed to work fine. I didn't drive with them since I don't have a gauge pod yet. 10 seconds or so after I shut off the truck, they turned off. I left them there for about 5 minutes and they didn't turn themselves back on so I think I am good to go.

UPDATE -

oddly enough the package was located... a long time after the fact... I had to go to the local USPS hub and claim it. The rep that called me said the package appeared to be damaged and/or opened so if I didn't want to accept it I didn't have to.

I went down there, and it was most definitely opened... the mounting brackets (which fortunately I didn't need) were missing and the retail box inside the shipping box was ripped. Also there was a bunch of scrap wire pieces, like someone had been trying to make a harness or something in the box. What it looks like to me is the delivery guy or some other POS stole the package seeing where it was from and tried to use it... when they realized it wouldn't work and there was heat coming from the USPS as to where the package went they decided to "FIND" it.

The gauge itself... other than having smudgy fingerprints all over it, was fine... I still had the OBDII plug and cable installed in the TBSS so I ran out to the lot to test it real quick... worked fine so I kept it. So far so good... glad to finally have a working guage.

This has been a hell of a ****ing ordeal. Danny, thanks for all you've done in putting this together, putting up with the "DID IT SHIP YET?" stuff, and helping us get our defects repaired/replaced. You did way more than you had to and I really appreciate it.

As for the gauge... love it. Aeroforce has a nice product... but that being said I will NEVER recommend them to anyone based on the experience. Communication is non-existant... if I knew then what I know now I would've gone w/ an MSD dashhawk instead.

Mine worked great out of the box as well. They turn off and on fine and I did not have to run a power cable to them.

My only complaint is the "window" is not perfectly centered on the display and the very top of the "Trans Temp" is slightly cut off.

Other than that they work flawlessly and are about the coolest thing ever. I like them alot.

By the way, when I am cruising at 80 MPH and it is 28 degrees outside, my trans temp stays at 100 degrees. That seems cold. In town it runs hotter like 140 or so. I thought the fluid had to be a certain temp to perform right. Dunno.

Mike