04 Supercharged/JBA headers and Corsa

Troyz34

Ok Now that I have my 2004 ss supercharged with the radix supercharger and JBA headers with corsa exhaust what should I do next? I really wanna get it tuned by nelson performance but I want to know what I should do before I get it tuned. Would adding a 3.0 pulley be worth it. and what about my tranny what shift kit should I go with. Any input is welcome I want to make this thing run fast but be able to be a comfortable ride everyday.

a Volant intake would help. I talked to the tech guy at magnacharger and he said that he really discourages a smaller pulley but if you got to do it don't go smaller than a 3.1 because they have seen a dramatic icrease in failures with 3.0 or smaller that they haven't seen with the 3.1 and 3.2. But that could just be due to a lot more guys choosing th 3.0, it seems to be the most popular, but i took his advice and went for the 3.1.

The shift kit and coverter will make a dramatic difference. I'm gonna do it after the tune with Nelson though.

I already have the volant and wouldn't it be better to get everything before you tune so he can tune to your specs rather then tuning before, Thats like getting it tuned before supercharging it....no sense. And what kinda converter should I get and shift kit.

I would opt for a Yank TT2600, but you could do a TT3000. You can't even tell the difference over stock in the 2600 for everyday driving. But for dead stop starts, you'll be lighting all four up - potentially. I added a Transgo-HD2, series B shift kit that already comes with a corvette servo. If you have trouble finding, PM Allen Nelson and he can hook you up. The shift kit is going to greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to shift, and with the torque the Radix is producing, that 5 sec long 1-2 shift is killing your trans. It is very similar to riding a clutch in a manual shift tranny. $750-900 if you do yourself. Another thing I am doing is adding a larger tranny cooler. Mine is a 11X11 and rated for 29,000btu. I don't want tranny temps over 165*. There is an extremely long thread about the use of F-type fluid over on LS1 tech site. Do a search - good info. You could do that also. I'm running about a 30% F-type, 70% synthetic tranny fluid.

A 3.0 pulley would bump you to 8lbs of boost, roughly. Isn't it something like 15-20hp for every pound of boost? Something like that, anyway. I would get it and a Goodyear gator grip belt, which you can get at any parts store. They may have to order it though. This will cost you about $140, w/belt. 15-20 miuntes to install, though. A few on here are already running a 3.0 w/no problems.

I would consider a diff cam soon also. All depends on you and how far you want to go.

A Yank converter, shift kit and smaller pulley would make your already great combo even better. It would be better to take care of all of your performance mods before having a custom program made. This way they can base the program on those and your current boost level.

Tom

a Volant intake would help. I talked to the tech guy at magnacharger and he said that he really discourages a smaller pulley but if you got to do it don't go smaller than a 3.1 because they have seen a dramatic icrease in failures with 3.0 or smaller that they haven't seen with the 3.1 and 3.2. But that could just be due to a lot more guys choosing th 3.0, it seems to be the most popular, but i took his advice and went for the 3.1.

The shift kit and coverter will make a dramatic difference. I'm gonna do it after the tune with Nelson though.

Just wondering what kind off failures they were having with the 3.0?

Archived