Dyno runs from my 04 SS

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow! I installed the PCM I ordered from PCMforless yesterday and I can't even express how pleased I am. For a bolt on modification this kicks A**! I have tried just about every bolt-on in the book and nothing comes close to the power gained with this LS1 PCM. Now I know what TJMac was talking about after he had his PCM installed from these guys and said "Is this the same truck".

Anyone who has not purchased a Chip/PCM for their truck yet because they are affraid they're not going to get what they expected, I am telling you that you will be shocked at how much this performance tune can do for your truck.

If the weather is permitable this weekend I will try and get out to the track so I can post some times. I'll post the results here and on the track portion of this Forum.

Calvin

cant wait to see the 1/4 mile #'s on your truck. That will make my final

decision on if I am going to order one or not.

Steve

Issue will be available in Feb. (it is the April issue).

Big Tex,

No long tubes for part 2. I would like to test these for part 3. Thanks for the positive feedback!

m396 #00-011,

Keep in mind we had to dyno in 2nd gear becasue of the speed limiter. 3rd gear will be a little more efficient and have have higher wheel HP.

Another factor to keep in mind is that GM's actual HP is probably 5% more than advertised to account for manufacturing tolerances (except for the LS1 Camaro which is another story).

m396 #00-011,

Keep in mind we had to dyno in 2nd gear becasue of the speed limiter. 3rd gear will be a little more efficient and have have higher wheel HP.

Another factor to keep in mind is that GM's actual HP is probably 5% more than advertised to account for manufacturing tolerances (except for the LS1 Camaro which is another story).

Yes, I was just wanting to get some #'s down for people to see.

I saw the part about 2nd gear pulls. A tuner pulled my vette in 2nd one time on the dyno, and yes, the #'s were different as we expected. Not to mention the sound as it pulled to redline so quickly!!!

CHP (can we call you CHiP? :jester: ), where can we send the positive feedback for the upcoming article. It would save me digging through all the fine print in front of the book? I assume email works? I may even have to start a subscription to keep up to date on the diff phases.

CHP e-mail:

[email protected]

Here is an article that provides some DynoJet vs. Mustang Dyno results for different gears on a 2000 Z28 with a 6 speed.

http://www.mustangdyne.com/

Click on the Recent Articles then click the June 2003 Chevy High Performance article. This article was shortened by CHP and I think some figures got mislabeled as a result.

The preliminary list for Part 2 is a flowmaster muffler, Volant air box with ram air tube, 3" radix pulley, and one surprise mod (hopefully it works).

I receieved my PCM from PCMforless on Friday and am very happy with the increase in performance. There is definately a noticeable differance in the 45-70 MPH range. I was most impressed with the power driving up a grade, where I was able to accellerate up to 115 MPH. I would have tried for more, but I came up on some traffic. I was hoping for a stronger/snappier 1-2 shift, and will be contacting PCMforless shortly, to see if there is anything more thet can be done.

I receieved my PCM from PCMforless on Friday and am very happy with the increase in performance. There is definately a noticeable differance in the 45-70 MPH range. I was most impressed with the power driving up a grade, where I was able to accellerate up to 115 MPH. I would have tried for more, but I came up on some traffic. I was hoping for a stronger/snappier 1-2 shift, and will be contacting PCMforless shortly, to see if there is anything more thet can be done.

Sounds like you need a shift kit, or a servo, or both. :D

so you dyno'd the SS with the front driveshaft in???? that seems insane to me :confused: the front one takes about 10 minutes to remove and I would much rather not burn up the transfer case or take any chances with anything.

great info on the installs though :thumbs:

dynoing in 2nd and 3rd gear, I had a 25hp difference :smash:

Archived