Sss.com Featured Truck Contest - August/september

Holty

read about our contest nominees then vote for your favorite  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next SSS.com Featured Truck?

• pimpss
    • usabodygaurd

VOTE NOW for SilveradoSS.com's featured truck

*Please note, one of this round's contestants had a personal emergency and was unable to submit his FTC write-up. That is the reason for only have two nominee's this round. Normally this would allow the "runner up" to automatically make it into the contest, however the logistics of this were not feasable at this time for that to happen. Please accept my apologies.

pimpss

First off i want to sincerely thank anybody who nominated me for the ftc contest.I am truly shocked that i would get nominated for this because there are alot of trucks on the site that are nicer than mine.Just want to start out by saying that the reason i bought this truck is because when i first saw one i thought it was the coolest truck ever.Now that i own one i know it is the coolest truck.I bought it in september of 2003 it was built in june of 2003 it had 40 miles on it. I drove it for a month not wanting to do anything to it i thought it was perfect the way it was,but my buddy had a black one with 22,s on it and he wanted 26,s.one week later i had some sweet niche 22,s and we put 24,s on his.

w_SSCalipers3.jpg

The next thing i did was paint the engine covers the radiator cover and the fuse box and lid.

DSCI0097.jpg

Then i wanted to do something with the grille ,and from the start i really wanted to have the gray plastic on the grille chromed,but i really liked the speed grille too so i got the speed grille.

DSCI0052.jpg

From there i had to have the chrome bowtie not the dull billet ones that everybody had .I forgot that before anything i did have the SS sticker made because i saw it on this site on a black truck i believe.

DSCI0046.jpg

Then i added the 2 alpine type e 10,s and alpine mrp m250 amp.

DSCI0086.jpg

You can see i have now with the help of my old boss covered the box in vinyl and added the cap.Then i got the personal plate which is not what i wanted i really wanted PIMP SS,the state of texas said it was offensive. Then after driving it for 2 years i finally got my magnaflow exhaust,after that my buddy wanted a new chrome cai and gave me his airaid for 100.00 with a blue filter then i put on the taylor 8mm wires which are blue.Then i bumped into my house so i had to have the back bumper painted so i had the black plastic painted,on the back bumper.After that i started my new job at the upholstery shop after a little talking with my boss we decided to do the silver carbon fiber inserts in the seats.

DSCI0086.jpg

DSCI0085.jpg

About 2 weeks later i decided to go into work on a saturday and make the headliner match the interior so it is now charcoal.A week or two after that i decided to fill in the dip on top of my console lid and cover it to match the seats.

DSCI0084.jpg

After that we did the tv mount.

DSCI0083.jpg

It is in the console where the pockets used to be.After that i wanted to lower the truck badly so with the help of my boss andy we lowered the truck with the mcgauhys 2/3.5 kit.

12-pimp_ss.jpg

I was not happy because the truck sat lower in the back so i lowered it another 1 inch with the torsion bars now it sits rightDSCI0015-1.jpgThen i helped a friend of mine sell his avalanche his dad owns a body shop so for my payment they painted a few more pieces for me my mirrors,wiper cowl,and under hoodpieces and my head and tailightsDSCI0014-1.jpgDSCI0012-1.jpgDSCI0011-1.jpgDSCI0010-1.jpgDSCI0009-1.jpg

DSCI0008-1.jpg

DSCI0007.jpg

DSCI0006.jpg

DSCI0005-1.jpg

While it was in the body shop i had the door panels off and went without much sleep for a couple days and did this

DSCI0004-1.jpg

DSCI0060.jpg

Almost forgot the day that i lowered it i had my buddy tint the windows 5% all the way around.

DSCI0055.jpg

The whole 4 tears ive owned it ive been racing it and with the cai exhaust and the plug wires my best time is a 9.47.I just had it tuned last week so im curious to see how much it helps.I also painted the brake calipes black with silver SS and painted the rotors silver.

w_SSCalipers1.jpg

w_SSCalipers4.jpg

w_SSCalipers2.jpg

Well i think that about does it,i really want to work on the performance part of it now because imo it looks perfect now.Again i thank everyone who nominated or voted for me because this is truly an honor for me.I show this truck every weekend and drive it every day so now it has 67,000 miles on it and i just love it when people at the car shows think it is an 07.Im lucky enough to do pretty good at the car shows i think i now have won like 25 best of show truck 1980 and newer and probably 30 times first place in the 2000,s truck class and a handful of 2nd and 3rd place trophys,but to be part of this means so much more.So again thank you guys especially the ones who have helped me work on it my boss andy misterp brobradh77 and the guys at glens body shop for the paint.

usabodygaurd

I first want to say thanks for those who voted for me last month, as well as a congrats to Krambo… he has an awesome truck… as most of your already know my truck, I will keep it brief, but show the recent updates as well as the current updates…

Here is the truck the day I bought it… and this is to show those of you who don’t drive a factory SS what you can do anyways…

truck_day1.jpg

At first I thought rims, stereo, tint, muffler would be my extent… boy was I wrong… here is the list of mods I have done ---- PLEASE NOTE --- MANY OF THESE MODS WERE DONE 2-3 TIMES FROM WHAT I HAVE NOW… I have replaced things better and better… but the final product is below:

Engine:

• Magnuson Intercooled Supercharger w/ 3.2 Pulley swap

• Gator Belt

• Zippy Tune

• 160* T-stat

• NGK TR5 Plugs

• JBA 8.5mm Wires

• Airaid CAI

• 145amp Alternator

• Big 3 wire upgrade

• 100% synthetic oils throughout

• Pacesetter LT’s coated – no cats (ordered at time of nomination)

• Magnaflow Catback system

enginebay.jpg

enginebay_ss.jpg

Suspension / transmission / Driveline

• Performabuilt Trans 4l65e “Insane” model

• Performa Built 3000 TC

• 28,000 trans cooler

• Rebuilt + balanced driveline.

• Auburn Posi

• 4.10 gears

• Mag-hytek Differential Cover

• Belltech Front Sway bar

• Belltech Rear Sway bar

• Belltech Active Nitro shocks

• Belltech Drop Shackles and turn downs – 2”

• Baer 6 piston big brake kit front

• Baer alumasports rear

rear_underss.jpg

CIMG1798.jpg

baertrk1.jpg

Interior / stereo

• Pioneer Avic D2 Navigation

• Ipod interface

• Xm radio

• Rear View Camera

• Focal Audio Separates Throughout

• Custom sub box with Bowtie embossing

• JL Audio 10” w3v3 600w subs (2)

• 2 Rockford Fosgate amps – 1200w total power

• Complete New carpet throughout

• Katzkin leather seats with navy blue suede inserts and dark blue stitching

• Matching suede headliner and front pillars

• Color matched interior plastic pieces

• SS gauge cluster

• Billet Pedals

truck_intmain.jpg

headliner_lgss-1.jpg

trk_dash.jpg

The exterior

• 24” Color matched U2 wheels with Hankook 305/35/24 tires

• 6000k HID headlights

• 6000k HID fog lights

• Painted lenses – color matched

• Street scene ss bumper cover

• 3pc Billet grill

• Billet bowtie

• Billet shorty antenna

• Billet color matched fuel door

• Goodmark cowl hood – with SUPERCHARGER logos each side

• Snugtop SL tonneau cover with remote open

• Bedrug carpet kit

• Shaved tailgate

• Sir Michaels rollpan

• LED rear taillights – blacked-out

• LED third brake light – blacked-out

• 153db train horn/compressor

• Complete custom paint – ZD Motor Sports – entire truck color-matched

rearend.jpg

side_shotd.jpg

main_truck_ss-1.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks to those of you who nominated me and who voted for me...

I can say without doubt if it werent for this site and the members my truck would not be where it is at today.

I have made a lot of friends and have learned so much from so many, and for that I'm grateful.

Best of luck to the other trucks nominated...

Great looking trucks both of you! Good luck to both as well. I can only hope to be nominated someday and be mentioned in the same breath as the 2 previous winners and all of the other nominees. Great job! :thumbs: