100+ Octane

1 Fast SS

If you were to remove your cat, what do you do about the o2 sensor on it? Won't it throw a code, or change the way your truck runs?

Have a tuner (or yourself with the necessary software) delete the following codes:

P0137

P0138

P0140

P0141

P0157

P0158

P0160

P0161

P0420

P0430

That will prevent your SES light from popping up and also keep your "readiness states" good to go for OBDII emmissions inspection. You should set the codes to "3 - no error reported" and also have the SES checked (using HPT).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and please dont tell me with a near stock truck you see gains or etc. this theory has been done over and over again and has been proven!!!

well just what i thought your tune!!!!!!!!!! find a different tuner!!!!

so now youre saying you dont use your O2s? thats not very smart

your setup isnt wild by anymeans

Quick - your intellect is in question here as you use demeaning methods to convey your thoughts. Purely unprofessional and the only one you are “teaching” is the ones that like to follow a “wanna-be” that never “will-be”.

I have been noticing that everytime you are around, wierd things happen as well,...such as my post in the tuning section and the low ratings in every topic you post in. I am on to you. Is it because I stated that your truck isn't "cool" when you posted pictures. Looks like you can't take your own medicine. Grow up kid. Someone should slap your parents for letting you grow up like this.

Back on topic...I used race fuel before I sold my SSS and noted gains on the track. It fixed my slight KR in 3rd gear which told me that I needed to pull some timing to make my truck run good. My tuner pulled some and then I ran the same time using the crappy CA 91. I'll bet that if I had more timing and the race fuel, I could have gotten a few more tenths out of it.

RacerJJ,...since you are running only at the track, USE IT BROTHER! Maybe one day I will see you race. You have an impressive record.

Edited by XSS (see edit history)

Quick - your intellect is in question here as you use demeaning methods to convey your thoughts. Purely unprofessional and the only one you are “teaching” is the ones that like to follow a “wanna-be” that never “will-be”.

I have been noticing that everytime you are around, wierd things happen as well,...such as my post in the tuning section and the low ratings in every topic you post in. I am on to you. Is it because I stated that your truck isn't "cool" when you posted pictures. Looks like you can't take your own medicine. Grow up kid. Someone should slap your parents for letting you grow up like this.

Back on topic...I used race fuel before I sold my SSS and noted gains on the track. It fixed my slight KR in 3rd gear which told me that I needed to pull some timing to make my truck run good. My tuner pulled some and then I ran the same time using the crappy CA 91. I'll bet that if I had more timing and the race fuel, I could have gotten a few more tenths out of it.

RacerJJ,...since you are running only at the track, USE IT BROTHER! Maybe one day I will see you race. You have an impressive record.

Thanks for the kind words. I'll be at LVMS this weekend for PSCA and then at Fontana for SCEDA on the 15th and 16th. Back at Vegas for the ET Finals in October. Maybe I'll see ya around. :cheers:

Why is that not smart? I meant that my rear o2's are disabled as they should be. How many times do I have to state that I can't get 93 in CA??? :banghead::banghead::confused::confused: I have well over 100 runs on my set-up and I am very happy with my power levels and everything works and runs great.

rear O2s arent what i was talking about. they have no effect. im talking about your fronts, the ones thatcontrol the truck. oh didnt realize you cant get 93 in cali. but your a stock truck........do what you want but your not gaining what you think you are

Edited by Quik (see edit history)

dont even remember you posting against my truck, as for ratings and etc not really concerned about that.

its been proven the higher octane isnt needed and wont produce the numbers as some claim. you want to maximize the octane level your at now. and using leaded is not good at all for O2s. now your bringing my parents, that should of never even came about. thats a low blow and you question me...you went low so thanks for showing how you really are....goodjob

also you dont do your own tuning and probably have no idea what was going on. how high was your timing? ive seen motors with 11.1cr run 30* of timing on 93 octane and never have and issue. they also didnt need the higher octane. a 10.1 motor with 28* of timing doesnt need 115octane

now back to a wana be or never will be, what do you have to back that up? as for acting unprofessional you brought parents into it. take your own advice

Edited by Quik (see edit history)

rear O2s arent what i was talking about. they have no effect. im talking about your fronts, the ones thatcontrol the truck. oh didnt realize you cant get 93 in cali. but your a stock truck........do what you want but your not gaining what you think you are

I'm aware that I'm not gaining much if anything but, like I have said, over thousands of dragstrip passes, I have noticed considerable differences in consistency (which is all I care about as a bracket racer) between leaded race gas and pump 91. I appreciate your comments, thanks.

Edited by RacerJJ (see edit history)

now your bringing my parents, that should of never even came about. thats a low blow and you question me...you went low so thanks for showing how you really are....goodjob

Your right. I will not even respond to this. I am at fault here and I do apologise.

also you dont do your own tuning and probably have no idea what was going on. how high was your timing? ive seen motors with 11.1cr run 30* of timing on 93 octane and never have and issue. they also didnt need the higher octane. a 10.1 motor with 28* of timing doesnt need 115octane

We can go on all day with this one. I do dabble with tuning and know the basics. I ran a radix and pegged my cylinder airmass at 1.20 g/cyl so I was only using one line on my timing table. For the most part at 100% TPS I was running 17* advance but did tip KR over 5200 so I pulled timing via my IAT table. That allowed me to continue to run the 17* base and pull enough timing to quench my KR. ALL ON 91 octane because that is all we have out here!

How can you be so narrowminded wiht this stuff. You are on the east coast (I believe) and you are comparing to someone on the west coast at a higher elivation, HOTTER ambient and most likely a dozen other parameters that differ to your "knowledge of this 11.1 CR and 30* of advance on 93". Apples to apples sunshine. :shakehead:

now back to a wana be or never will be, what do you have to back that up? as for acting unprofessional you brought parents into it. take your own advice

This is a "hobby" to me not a business as I think it isn't your business either. One day you will look back on all of this and say: "It was fun and I am glad I did it but man, I should have thought about what was really important in my life." How old are you? When I was in my 20's I felt like you and soon realized that the world isn't all about fast cars. When you realize this as well, you will understand that encouraging others in this hobby is more satisifying than your derogatory remarks. In other words, your delivery needs work as I truely believe that you have useful information that will benifit the group.

I am done.

Goin down to the local ( 6.9 miles away) 76 and filling up with VP100 is the high point of my week, I love the smell. As long as I dont look at the how much I just payed, its all good. Its 6.99 a gallon out here.

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

100 at the pump was 5 bucks a gallon the last time i was at that station.

I pay 8 bucks at the track for 110 Leaded and there is a somewhat local place that pumps it for $6.75 I think. I only run 5 gallons at a time so it doesn't hurt the wallet too much!