Going with GM ASA CAM!

Well got the parts ordered ASA cam kit and LS6 springs from scoggy dickens and a Manley double adjustable timing set from thunder racing. Now I need to find a TBTC.

its not my truck but why are you set on that converter? it isnt going to stall nearly high enough for the cam your talking about. if its about money then get a yank or something that stalls higher than that.

its not my truck but why are you set on that converter? it isnt going to stall nearly high enough for the cam your talking about. if its about money then get a yank or something that stalls higher than that.

Well I might like what a 3000 stall is probably the max I want to go as I plan on advancing the cam about 3-4 degrees.

Well I thought like with a degree wheel no? My machanic knows how to install prety close to staigt up.

i dont think when it comes down to motors you want it to be pretty close..... let alone advance it with out properly degreeing the cam......thats a nono in my book..... :confused:

i dont think when it comes down to motors you want it to be pretty close..... let alone advance it with out properly degreeing the cam......thats a nono in my book..... :confused:

:withstupid: A degree wheel only costs $15 on eBay; I would expect a good mechanic to also have a dial indicator but you can get those off eBay (suitable for this purpose) for cheap too and then you can do it right - no guessing.

Mr. P.

Yea I hear ya I will make sure he does it right and dergees it I already have a degree wheel and dial indicator so we will degree it so we can make sur we advance the cam 4 degrees exact.

good choice :cheers: make sure when you degree the cam you never turn the wheel in the opposite direction only clockwise, so if you pass up your TDC go around again 360* :thumbs: