Going with GM ASA CAM!

I decided that I am going with the GM ASA 226/236 .525 .525 cam,LS6 springs, TBTC and getting it tuned at Simple Quick racing here in Benbrook Texas. Got bit by the bug and cant wait to get it installed. Will the Crane cams adjustable timing chain work also? This cam sounds mean with low lift can wait to here the SS idling :devil: Will be about three months before I get all the parts and my machanic to install but just thought I would post up. :chevy:

Yea but would a bigger converter be good for daily street driving? And yea the guy on PT.net ran awesome with this cam in his 04 ss with no headers to!

You should be fine with a bigger TC I run a Yank 2600 and my truck is a daily driver no problems I just wouldnt go any bigger than 2800-3000 range IMO.

I decided that I am going with the GM ASA 226/236 .525 .525 cam,LS6 springs, TBTC and getting it tuned at Simple Quick racing here in Benbrook Texas. Got bit by the bug and cant wait to get it installed. Will the Crane cams adjustable timing chain work also? This cam sounds mean with low lift can wait to here the SS idling :devil: Will be about three months before I get all the parts and my machanic to install but just thought I would post up. :chevy:

are you planing on degreeing the cam? if not you dont need the aftermarket adjustable timing sprocket set

might want to go with a bigger converter but either way i was really impressed with that ss that ran that cam and bolt ons to a really low 13 sec 1/4.

:withstupid:

Anyone know (or have access) to the valve opening events for this cam? If the intake valve events are timed right this could be the killer L92 cam with 1.8 rockers...

Mr. P.

From what I can find on the ASA cam, it's very similar to the 02+ Z06 cam in lift, at only .525, but at 226/236 degrees duration and 5.5 degrees overlap, vs 204 degrees and no overlap for the LS6.

From what Zippy states about the L92 heads, you want more split between the two (lift and duration). From a cost standpoint, just get a custom ground Comp Cam.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)