I think I killed it...

no not really some of the trans coolers will almost line up with the lines and they come with the fittings to make it work. i had a b and m that lined right up and worked good, its when you go big when you have to do some cutting and flaring.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no not really some of the trans coolers will almost line up with the lines and they come with the fittings to make it work. i had a b and m that lined right up and worked good, its when you go big when you have to do some cutting and flaring.

What kind do you have now? I'm guessin before you had the B&M 70274 before? That seems like the most common one used around here.

What kind do you have now? I'm guessin before you had the B&M 70274 before? That seems like the most common one used around here.

i have the biggest tru cool , i think its like a 40k gvw cooler. may be overkill but we need it with how hot it gets here.

why did you get a 2400 stall? did you know thats stock is already 2400 ? look on the gm website and you will see that they come with that stall but how are trucks are so heavy it stalls a bit less. shoul go with the 2800 stall IMHO.

I think it gets alittle hotter out where you are chase. I'm by the beach in san diego and it rarely reaches a 100 down here. So what size should I get? And 12'srock where on the website can you find out the stock stall?

i have the gm performance parts catalog at home and it says the specs, gmperformanceparts.com. "Electronically controlled four-speed overdrive transmission is suitable for engines producing up to 370 lb. -ft. of torque. It has a two-piece case and bolts up to engines with a Chevy V-8 bellhousing bolt pattern. Includes torque converter with stall speed of approximately 2300 rpm. Gear ratios: 1st: 3. 06, 2nd: 1. 75, 3rd: 1. 00, 4th: 0. 70."

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

just because the stall is a 2800 doesent mean you have to stall it that high, i have a 3000 stall and i only stall it up to about 1500-2000 when i launch, reason being is when you rev it to the near limits, you have the possibility of creeping forward and causing a redlight.

but being 2wd i wouldnt want a big ass stall unless i had traction covered.

So I talked to kendall at the toy shop today. I'm probably gonna use them for my shift kit and tranny cooler. He said I should wait till I put my cam in to decide which TC I should go with. So quite a few of you guys have used them right? He said your truck is in there right now chase.

So I talked to kendall at the toy shop today. I'm probably gonna use them for my shift kit and tranny cooler. He said I should wait till I put my cam in to decide which TC I should go with. So quite a few of you guys have used them right? He said your truck is in there right now chase.

good choice :cheers:

Yeah, after all the great feedback on here from them I decided to give them a call and Kendall seemed like a knowledgeable good guy. So shift kit and cooler for now. They make thier own shift kits and he said he would probably use a B&M 11x8x1 1/2 tranny cooler.