Sign in to follow this  
CaliChevyV8

I think I killed it...

So shift kit, servo, and a tranny cooler...hmm...That'll be over a grand. My buddy at Excelsior said he knows a tranny shop that builds you a new one and gives you a credit for your core tranny and its under $2000, I'm jus waitin to hear from him on more details.

So shift kit, servo, and a tranny cooler...hmm...That'll be over a grand. My buddy at Excelsior said he knows a tranny shop that builds you a new one and gives you a credit for your core tranny and its under $2000, I'm jus waitin to hear from him on more details.

no its $490 for the shift kit, both billet servos, trans cooler, two fans....plus the install $200....so $690 total :thumbs:

Ohhh, welll thats not too bad. I still wanna know exactly what this other tranny swap he is talkin about includes.

Ohhh, welll thats not too bad. I still wanna know exactly what this other tranny swap he is talkin about includes.

well whatever you do be sure to get it done so you can go to the G2G :thumbs:

you can buy a completely built tranny with hardened input shaft, beast sunshell, upgraded bands, clutches with shift kit and servos for around 2k.

no its $490 for the shift kit, both billet servos, trans cooler, two fans....plus the install $200....so $690 total :thumbs:

Might as well get a new TC put in while doing the shift kit IMO. It will be a noticable mod fo' sure. The 2K trans sounds like a level 4 built trans. FLT level 5 runs around $2,450. Price DOES NOT include refundable core deposit. I'd like to get a FLT level 5 next year so I can go with a smaller pulley. :devil:

Might as well get a new TC put in while doing the shift kit IMO. It will be a noticable mod fo' sure. The 2K trans sounds like a level 4 built trans. FLT level 5 runs around $2,450. Price DOES NOT include refundable core deposit. I'd like to get a FLT level 5 next year so I can go with a smaller pulley. :devil:

yep im gonna get the PI 9.5" 2800 stall after my 4:10's get installed :jester:

yep im gonna get the PI 9.5" 2800 stall after my 4:10's get installed :jester:

What version, the 3 disc multi-disc lock up or 5 disc multi-disc lock up? I was thinking about the 10.5 3 disc multi-disc lock up for trucks when I get a new FLT Level 5. I think krambo runs this stall stalled at 2800. He's in the 11's so my plan is to follow him sooner or later. I'm just a 13 sec SS now so I've got a few seconds to know off my times lol :crackup: Maybe if I throw enough money at it I'll make it. Too bad my money tree is almost dead. That reminds me I need to play the lottery(powerball) Saturday. I could use 160 million. :jester:

What version, the 3 disc multi-disc lock up or 5 disc multi-disc lock up? I was thinking about the 10.5 3 disc multi-disc lock up for trucks when I get a new FLT Level 5. I think krambo runs this stall stalled at 2800. He's in the 11's so my plan is to follow him sooner or later. I'm just a 13 sec SS now so I've got a few seconds to know off my times lol :crackup: Maybe if I throw enough money at it I'll make it. Too bad my money tree is almost dead. That reminds me I need to play the lottery(powerball) Saturday. I could use 160 million. :jester:

im gonna get the 5 disk lock-up

2k for a new one?....What about my cam and everything though! haha

It's just money lol :jester: Do you have the 4L70e in the v-max? A pt.net sponsor is selling a 4L70e FLT Level 5 trans for $3K shipped no core charge and the Vig stall for 700 shipped. both are slightly used(2-3K miles).

Edited by SSThunder

2k for a new one?....What about my cam and everything though! haha

what performance parts does it include?

Well the piece I broke starts with an S, and I think its some kinda gear in the tranny. Its a weird name, anyone have any ideas what part it might be? I can't remember. Well it broke right in half

Well the piece I broke starts with an S, and I think its some kinda gear in the tranny. Its a weird name, anyone have any ideas what part it might be? I can't remember. Well it broke right in half

was it the sprag?

I've got 20,000 on it and its a 2006

Gawd! You killed a 4L70E with just the mods in your sig??? What are your driving habits like? This is the second one I have heard of that blew in a relatively stock truck.

Mike