I think I killed it...

I was pullin out from work a couple hours ago goin up a hill then this loud POP! and no more power to the wheels...had to back up to the curb. Engine was still runnin fine but it felt like neutral in D, 1, 2 and 3. So I had it towed to chevy and they are gonna look at it in the morning.

I've got 20,000 on it and its a 2006, but with my headers and stuff will they still warranty the tranny? And is now a good opportunity to get stuff put into it to beef it up or buy somthin different, like a built better tranny? I need some help guys, I'm lost, never delt with tanny issues. :shakehead: Sucks..

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah sucks ass, they should cover it . if they denie it they have to provide a reason and i cant see the headers leading to a trans failure.

if not it may be time to see the toy shop

So if its under warranty they are just gonna put a used one in there? Then I gotta put a shift kit in it to make it reliable right?

most likly they will rebuild it but if the case is messed up ( i doubt) youll get a reman. either way a shift kit and servos is not a bad idea/

:banghead: so crazy i was talkin to this kid when his tranny blew all i heard was "F&*@" but yeah that was a total wake up call. so now im also gonna get a shift kit i saw the ones on tbyrne one was $109 and the other $119 whats the diff from the 4L60e and the 4L80e? and is anyone using a trans cooler? its only $60 but how much would install be?

:banghead: so crazy i was talkin to this kid when his tranny blew all i heard was "F&*@" but yeah that was a total wake up call. so now im also gonna get a shift kit i saw the ones on tbyrne one was $109 and the other $119 whats the diff from the 4L60e and the 4L80e? and is anyone using a trans cooler? its only $60 but how much would install be?

you want the 60e kit and a trans cooler is money really well spent...especially in the warm part of cali your in. cost varies but expect somewhere in the neighborhood of $400 bucks for all the install.

A buddy of mine is a car painter and he happened to be workin at chevy today. I just got a call from him, he said he heard this loud ass truck start up and wake up the whole neighborhood, then he turned around and it was mine haha.

Well, now its just waiting time...for them to call me and tell me whats up.

You liked my reaction huh andrew. Thats all that came out when it happened"f*@k!!!" :banghead:

lets just say i have 18k miles on mine and i have no TQ managenent, zero'd out shift times, trans tables altered, with the rest of my supporting mods and all i have done to the trans is shift kit and servos with a bigger cooler.... :jester: