Z06 cam swap in our trucks

supraman

I think it will idle just about like stock. It won't make much more power in the lower rpms, but above 3000 rpms it will pull alot harder. I do suggest that you raise your shift points to the 6000 range to take full advantage of the power.

Well, I had a 2001 LS6 cam in my 5.3 truck. It ran fine, but there are better options available.

The 02 LS6 cam is like 208 218 and .550 lift I think. The mild comp 212 218 cam has more duration than the LS6. It might make just a bit more HP than the comp 212/218, but I guarantee you that the comp will have more low end power.

DESCRIPTION: CAMSHAFT

.550"intake and exhasut lift-218 degree exhaust duration, and 204 degree intake duration at .050, and 117.5 degree lobe centers. Z06-Specific Higher Lift Camshaft As the intake air comes through the manifolds in greater volume, it is important for the air to enter the combustion chamber as quickly as possible to produce power. The LS6 engine has a camshaft that has higher lift lobes than the LS1, resulting in a 5 percent increase in airflow through the cylinder chamber

Archived