04 Chevy SS vs. Toyota Tundra

semoSS

Well guys, my best friend's dad just purchased a new Tundra yesterday and called today to tell me about it. He says it is very fast indeed. He thinks it would be a really good race against my SS. He thinks it will definitely beat it with the current setup that I have minus the Nitrous.

Well, he is coming down this weekend to have a go with it. He is also going to bring his video camera so my buddy travis is going to be filming this as we go.

We are going to two a series of runs. Going from a dig, 30, 60, and so forth.

I'm going to run him with out the nitrous first a few times then I'm gonna turn the bottle on and see what I can do with him while on the bottle. I know many of you are ready to see this so we know exactly how we can do against these damn things. As soon as I get it all, I will post it ASAP.

I'm excited but I hope I dont get my ass handed to with without the nitrous. Hopefully the kit I bought off of sprayed99 will be here tomorrow like UPS says it will be. I'll just be running a 75 shot for now.

Wish me luck!

Sounds like it should be a good time, he did get the tundra with the 5.7 right? not the 4.7 which is standard... If anything the 6 speed is going to give him a foot up on you from a dig, but I could be wrong.

My biological father got one of the new 5.7 tundra's and let me drive it... it's quick, but I still think that my SS felt faster off the line.

Hey I just raced a new Tundra Double cab in Arlington on I-20 yesterday with mods in sig! We raced five times :yellow_loser: . Those trucks are beast on the midrange the first three races were from 60-70 MPH roll and his truck moved out two trucks pretty quick damn 6 speed trannys.But as soon as the SS started to get in the power band above 4000 the pull was dead even with him leting off at 95 or so :banghead: The last two races were from 75 ish punch and he pulled a fender but to my suprise the SSS got him on the big end both times and he let out at high 90ish and I stayed in it till the stock 110! The last race I just punched it when I saw him coming up behind me and his lights rose up and he got pulled and he let off :chevy: Good luck man those trucks are fast. Now I need to get my headers on and tune this thing!

Hey I just raced a new Tundra Double cab in Arlington on I-20 yesterday with mods in sig! We raced five times :yellow_loser: . Those trucks are beast on the midrange the first three races were from 60-70 MPH roll and his truck moved out two trucks pretty quick damn 6 speed trannys.But as soon as the SS started to get in the power band above 4000 the pull was dead even with him leting off at 95 or so :banghead: The last two races were from 75 ish punch and he pulled a fender but to my suprise the SSS got him on the big end both times and he let out at high 90ish and I stayed in it till the stock 110! The last race I just punched it when I saw him coming up behind me and his lights rose up and he got pulled and he let off :chevy: Good luck man those trucks are fast. Now I need to get my headers on and tune this thing!

should have raced from a stop. AWD kicks @ss.

Was that a single cab or a ex. cab?

well guys, i got the nitrous installed but couldn't find a place to get the damn bottle filled!!!!!!... here is how it went

from a dig there is no way they can hang with the SS. i jumped out on him with his front bumper to my back bumper BUT the damn six speed tranny is a bitch.. he pulls very hard midrange 2nd to the beginning of third.. he pulled hard enough his back wheel was to right across from my driver side window.. but after that they dont have shit after third, after i hit 85 i already caught him and was passing him.

and this is with the mods that i currently have minus the nitrous cause the bottle was empty..

all in all it was a very good race.. damn good, that's what it's all about right there, just straight simple fun, gets that heart pumping pretty good. i just hate loosing though, it sucks.. i'd say if you had a little sneaky pete on your truck you could take them easily..

the conditions outside where 100% humidity at 97 degrees... it was hot as ****.. but both trucks ran pretty good..

didn't get the video camera out so we didn't record it.. he is gonna be coming down in a few weeks again and he swore he would bring the camera and hopefully i can get it on footage and put it up for you guys. i'd like to see how much i spank his ass by with a 100 shot.....

had fun :cheers:

forgot to add, as far as the 1/8 they will beat an ss with few mods, gonna take more than a cai, tune, 160 stat, and a servo... but no much more.. i say put some headers on it a small stall and you got it..... as far as the 1/4 it's is damn close guys, i couldn't actually tell you who won unless we actually went to the track and ran... damn close... a few extra mods or a little nitrous or a stall and they are done for.

forgot to add, as far as the 1/8 they will beat an ss with few mods, gonna take more than a cai, tune, 160 stat, and a servo... but no much more.. i say put some headers on it a small stall and you got it..... as far as the 1/4 it's is damn close guys, i couldn't actually tell you who won unless we actually went to the track and ran... damn close... a few extra mods or a little nitrous or a stall and they are done for.

I raced one day and it was pretty close too, and it was chick driving it. They are monsters from a roll. It's got to be the 6 speed tranny. We were rolling about 25 when we hit it, and she pulled up on me until I hit 3rd, then I got a truck on her up to 85. This was on a busy street and had to slow down for the light. They are pretty quick.

got the nitrous installed, he came to stay for the week before school starts back up from him, hit him with a 75 shot and beat him by two trucks.... i put the 100 shot on it and it was game over.. walked him straight down the road..

EDIT: hopefully i'll have everything done and put the rest of my parts on and i'll be up around 150-175 by the end of the week.... going to the track this weekend.. try to have a little fun..

I got install pics that im going to post up so you guys can judge me and my friends work..

Edited by semoSS (see edit history)