2008 Viper Update.

BumpinSS

Mod on 350Z website posted some updated info. That color is the actual color of a tree Viper. 200mph with the top down. Now that's some wind in your hair action. I love that green

2008 Dodge Viper goes 200+ [208mph] in Testing. Vert hits 197 with top down :

_2008-Dodge-Viper-SRT10Snakeskin-Green.jpg

It's simple math. Add 600 horsepower to the 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe and Convertible in order to go greater than or faster than 200 miles per hour. That's just what an '08 Viper Coupe and Convertible did during recent testing at the 7.5 mile long oval at the Transportation Research Center in East Liberty, Ohio. Powered by Viper V-10 engines that now generate 600 horsepower, both super sports cars broke the barrier by averaging more than 200 mph. "The Coupe and Convertible have similar drag numbers, so we are not surprised they ran almost identical top speeds," Jeff Reece of SRT Vehicle Development, said. What surprised everyone was the Convertible going 197 mph with the top down. Driver Erich Heuschele of SRT Vehicle Dynamics described that particular test as "Breezy."

Source: Oh2o@Allpar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it just me or are these two cars looking similar these days (viper and Z06)?

I always liked the Viper because of its aggressive look, they didn't dissapoint for 08 either IMO.

Where is the Blue Devil at???? :devil: GM needs a response.

One thing about the new Viper vs a new Z06 is that the Viper will turn heads going down the street... I see 100 Corvettes a day, and the Z06's do not look much different.. i see at least 1 Z06 a day and I have to look hard to notice it compared to a regular vette.

The Viper will ALWAYS turn heads and has a true 'exotic' look and gets the attention like one IMO

Don't worry the blue devil is coming. Vipers are ok but who really wants a dodge. They don't compare to a true american made muscle car(vette) IMO. Just see what Tbyrne has on it's web site: 700+ HP with Stock LS7 Z06's Scroll down some to see. I think that beats the $hit out of 600 HP. I think the blue devil will be out in 2008 or 2009. Anybody know for sure? I did read in a magazine that the new CTS-V is going to have like 600 HP on a tuned down(motor from the blue devil).

post-5955-1185913421_thumb.jpg

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)

One thing about the new Viper vs a new Z06 is that the Viper will turn heads going down the street... I see 100 Corvettes a day, and the Z06's do not look much different.. i see at least 1 Z06 a day and I have to look hard to notice it compared to a regular vette.

The Viper will ALWAYS turn heads and has a true 'exotic' look and gets the attention like one IMO

I completely agree... any jack off can buy a new or used vette... but a viper turns heads period... I would love that 08 blacked out... inside and out... a stealth mobiles and i am not talking about the mid 90's pos model stealth dodge produced...

Don't worry the blue devil is coming. Vipers are ok but who really wants a dodge. They don't compare to a true american made muscle car(vette) IMO. Just see what Tbyrne has on it's web site: 700+ HP with Stock LS7 Z06's Scroll down some to see. I think that beats the $hit out of 600 HP. I think the blue devil will be out in 2008 or 2009. Anybody know for sure? I did read in a magazine that the new CTS-V is going to have like 600 HP on a tuned down(motor from the blue devil).

post-5955-1185913421_thumb.jpg

very true but that vette is with a procharger strung too it. can you imagine how much h/p would come out of a supercharged viper engine with say an F1 strapped to the front? :crazy:

Hate to say this... but it looks like the Z06 has been taken down! (until the SS version maybe)

My guess would be that the new viper vs. the z06 would be a close race with the viper barely edging the z06 because of the extra weight the viper carries. My guess is the blue devil or the corvette ss will have no problem spanking that ass though.