Vortech SSS drag video STI gets spanked

diggler_d

Vids dont work for me.. (yes I used the second set of links posted by Black2003ss) .. Maybe it has something to do with I am using Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista.. some sites are not fully working with it yet.

Anyone else have a problem? I dont feel like spending a bunch of time troubleshooting it right now

yea the vids arent workin for me either i think it has somethin to do wid my computer tho

Vids dont work for me.. (yes I used the second set of links posted by Black2003ss) .. Maybe it has something to do with I am using Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista.. some sites are not fully working with it yet.

Anyone else have a problem? I dont feel like spending a bunch of time troubleshooting it right now

sorry first time posting links with photo bucket

links work now

The sts sss had 3000 stall converter but he had told me that his methanol wasn't spraying

so he wasn't get high boost

How much is he boosting, I don't run methanol and I have no problem with knock, or high IAT. I have an electric boost controller, and run 6 psi on street form, and hit a switch to run 12psi at will. I just pull a little more timing in high boost using a custom operating system from EFIlive and one of its boost based timing modifiers. I like the fact that I can run at full power when ever I want and not have to depend on methanol or anything else to cool down IAT, or prevent knock.

STI was sleeping at the light or didn't know how to launch. He should IMO beated you due to his trap speed. He was pulling really hard at the end. Given a better driver I assume you'd have been given a better race.

I have an STS and that was quite disapointing by the red SS but must say he looked like he gave up half way through as he was just cruising through the last 1/8th mile.

Nevertheless your truck looks bitching and great runs.

Sidenote: Altitude would effect you more than the Turbo'd cars. N/A and blown engine's have shown to lose more power at Higher elevation than turbo'd cars/trucks.

Edited by Spoolin (see edit history)

where have i seen a black vortech'd ss vs a red sts ss??? :crackup:

ill admit i wasnt to impressed with that sts either

from what i have seen the sts kit requires quite a bit of tweaking to get it right, chpspeacial should be proving this pretty soon.

It takes a lot of tweaking. I have a stock LQ4 running 7 psi and doing 13.4 at 105mph with no traction. So I need a little more tweaking. I am putting on an electric boost controller, so we will turn up the boost and hope we don't blow anything. I should be in the 12 when I get my slicks on.

Jamest