trucks in the bodyshop!

EDIT-pics of the truck with the led bar and tinted tails are on page 2 !

well after a long time of waiting my trucks finally in the body shop. dropped it off today and should be done once i get back from my cruise. i dont really want to give it all away(not that big) but when i come back, the guy said if i dont like it he said we can spray the entire truck with new hood and bumper. at first i wanted to get a price to paint it but he wanted to fix a few things and said it should be like new once hes done. i think hes going to wet sand and clear it. i really wanted a whole paintjob but will wait and see what he can do. also got a set of tinted tails coming in (thanks ss silv). and a fire and ice led bar from stylin. just giving you guys a little update. i will get pics when its all done. i cant wait now. the trucks really on the move now.~~~Kyle

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice man, hey you should honestly call the body shop and have them do a uerathane clear cloat on all of the parts you're getting painted. When i had my front bumper painted, the guy did it with out even telling me. when i went to pick it up hes like "come here and look what i can do to ur bumper". he started hitting it with a metal hammer and nothing happened. no dents, no bumps, no scratches, NOTHING!!! the stuff is amazing. definitely worth it, even if it costs a lil more

Well Try and enjoy the cruise, b/c I know u'll be thinking about ur truck THE WHOLE TIME!! LOL!! :ughdance:

o ya i am having fun, im coming home sunday and just decdided to check up on sss.com. dont have much time since its $0.50 a min. and ya i do think about the truck alot. cant wait to see what it looks like. also left coast i will check into that clear, i dont have the hood or bumnper yet but when i get them i will have them spray it with that, sounds like something good to put on the ss cover. well i got to go party talk to guys when i get home sunday.

well a little update, i just went to the shop this morning to see if it was done. it wasnt, but looks amazing. he still had a little more work to do on it(should be done by tonight). so ill just let people know one thing i had done. i had the fender flares and molding removed. but bad bodywork before i bought it made it hard for me to take it off. which means the idoit that painted it before never took the moldings off when he cleared it. so he cleared around them leaving old paint underneath. so the b.s is now water sanding all of it. it looks great!!! im so excited. i cant wait to pick it up. hopefully it will be done tonight if not first thing in the morning. pics will defintly be up soon. just wish i had my ss bumper cover to finsih it off but o well. ~~Kyle

well i picked it up today and got some pics. im not 100% satisfied and will end up having it totaly repainted somewhere else. SOON. it looks better than what it did b4 but it could use a new p.j and im not sure i like his work 100%. here are the pics. had all the molding removed, badges and had my ss wing painted and roll pan installed. also waiting to do my fire and ice bar once it gets repainted. waiting on thursday when my tails come in. so here ya go hope you like.

p.s sorry about the quality, will try getting better ones in the sunlight, the flash didnt do alot for them.

100_3256.jpg

100_3257.jpg

100_3258.jpg

100_3259.jpg

100_3260.jpg

no more ls badge

100_3261.jpg

100_3262.jpg

100_3263.jpg

all the parts left in my bed

100_3264.jpg

and installing the license plate light

100_3265.jpg

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)