AEM Brute force Dryflow filter C.A.I

jc04ss

What up people!! I am still researching all the different kinds of choices for Cold Air Intakes. I like the K&N series 57, but have a small concern with possible oil getting to the Air Sensor. I have a drop-in K&N with the stock air box.

I am leaning towards the AEM brute force C.A.I with the Driflow filter and polished tube. It is similiar to the K/N series 57 (look-wise). Plus you do not have to oil the filter. I also read some interesting info about the material of the intake tubes (metal, plastic). Says that since our air travel distance from the filter to the motor is around 30 inches that at half throttle to WOT the air does not have time to heat up regardless of the tube material?? Makes sense to me. Anyway, can anyone give me some feedback on the AEM Brute Force C.A.I with dri-flow filter?? Thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tube is extremely huge and you need to buy two filters cause when you clean it will need to sit until it dries unless you wanna sit there with a air compressor till its dry which would take awhile. Very easy to install. Mine somehow barely fits... The dryflow doesnt flow as much as the one you oil, Not alot of people have them but i like mine. Not sure what im going to do with it once i get the money to do what i want to my truck tho.

I have the 57 series and love it.... only cleaned it once so far but didn't have a problem w/ too much oil.... But I did spray the MAF sensor w/ electrical component cleaner just in case.... pretty cheap and easy to do!

I wouldn't buy the AEM....their business is in sport compacts not trucks, and it has an aluminum intake tube. In terms of the K&N, yes over oiling the filter can get the MAF sensor dirty, but a little contact cleaner takes care of that. When it comes down to the type of tube, composite (plastic) is better because it doesn't transmit heat as easily as an aluminum tube does.......if you get the K&N, get the 57-series with the composite tube :thumbs: .......Good luck with your choice. :chevy:

12'srock has the AEM brute force and his IAT are never above ambient temp. no matter how many WOT runs we did. on the dyno The filter lost like 1-3hp compared to with out filter but I don't know if that is common with any other type of filter. Also I have a 2003 gmc 2500 with the 8.1l and the IAT are usually 10-15 degrees above ambient while just crusing at freeway speeds and that truck has a stock intake.

12'srock has the AEM brute force and his IAT are never above ambient temp. no matter how many WOT runs we did. on the dyno The filter lost like 1-3hp compared to with out filter but I don't know if that is common with any other type of filter. Also I have a 2003 gmc 2500 with the 8.1l and the IAT are usually 10-15 degrees above ambient while just crusing at freeway speeds and that truck has a stock intake.

Thanks for the info, but you lost me on some of that?? Are you saying that he lost horsepower with this filter?? and explain ambient temp. and IAT. Thanks! :thumbs:

Thanks for the info, but you lost me on some of that?? Are you saying that he lost horsepower with this filter?? and explain ambient temp. and IAT. Thanks! :thumbs:

Ambient Temp - outside environmental air temperature

IAT - Intake Air Temperature, measured somewhere from the MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor) to the intake manifold.

sitting still my iat are thru the roof but once i get moving im good. Another thing is that my radiator hose to the water pump the big one rubs on the bottom of my intake cause more heat to transfer right before the throttle body...imma have to fix this somehow. Thought about putting heat some kinda of heat barrier in between the two.

sitting still my iat are thru the roof but once i get moving im good. Another thing is that my radiator hose to the water pump the big one rubs on the bottom of my intake cause more heat to transfer right before the throttle body...imma have to fix this somehow. Thought about putting heat some kinda of heat barrier in between the two.

So have you noticed a difference with your brute force?? Is the tube bigger than the series 57 K&N?? Thanks

Did you do the dyno runs with the hood open or closed?

The hood was half opened, and there was cooling fans blowing in the front of the truck to keep her cool. and yes, with the filter the truck made just a bit less horsepower than with out it, but I believe that is normal no matter what filter you use. Let me upload some of the videos that we took and if its ok with 12'srock i'll put them up.

yep.... this the best intake system i ever had :thumbs: ive had a k&n and true flo intakes but i like this one far better. its a metal 4" tube pipe with a 9" X 6" filter

The hood was half opened, and there was cooling fans blowing in the front of the truck to keep her cool. and yes, with the filter the truck made just a bit less horsepower than with out it, but I believe that is normal no matter what filter you use. Let me upload some of the videos that we took and if its ok with 12'srock i'll put them up.

:thumbs: post them. BTW on the dyno dynamics dyno my truck put down if remember correctly in 2nd gear pulled to 6k 286.1 RWHP and 317.5 FTLBS with 98 degrees outside temp in temecula at the EFI University dyno. if i was on a dynojet my numbers calculate to be 339.1 RWHP and 376.3 FTLBS.

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

What up people!! I am still researching all the different kinds of choices for Cold Air Intakes. I like the K&N series 57, but have a small concern with possible oil getting to the Air Sensor. I have a drop-in K&N with the stock air box.

I am leaning towards the AEM brute force C.A.I with the Driflow filter and polished tube. It is similiar to the K/N series 57 (look-wise). Plus you do not have to oil the filter. I also read some interesting info about the material of the intake tubes (metal, plastic). Says that since our air travel distance from the filter to the motor is around 30 inches that at half throttle to WOT the air does not have time to heat up regardless of the tube material?? Makes sense to me. Anyway, can anyone give me some feedback on the AEM Brute Force C.A.I with dri-flow filter?? Thanks

i say get the system :thumbs: and you are right about the info you posted on the material of the pipe, good work man :cheers:

i say get the system :thumbs: and you are right about the info you posted on the material of the pipe, good work man :cheers:

Thanks for the info!! :cheers: So bottem line...you did feel a difference with the Brute force intake?? I mean did you get a better throttle response, feel a little more power, etc ?? By the way...that is a badass lookin truck!! :thumbs: