Speed Limiter

huero626

I have a V-Max NBS and after 95 mph it dosen't pull anymore, it just stops and stays at 95, also it takes a while for it to get going when I floor it. Why is my truck limited so low and why does it take a couple of seconds to get full power? After a few seconds it pulls really hard, this truck has power, but it dosen't put it down like it should. My classic 5.3 used to hit 108 mph like nothing and after that it just stopped and it responded instantly when I used to floor it. My V-max dosent spin the tires when I floor it on a stop, only when I step on the brake and accelarte. What can I do, is there any tuning available for the NBS? Right now it feels like my 5.3 is faster than my V-Max. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Not sure what they are limited at (check the speed rating on the tires, that may indicate a clue) however, my father purchased one and when I took it for a drive I noticed it is very strong up top however off the line, I wasn't impressed as I though I would be. I instantly asked him if I can hook up the laptop and he said hell no. FWIW though, his truck will turn the tires over from a start. :thumbs:

A tune to wipe out the TM, lean her out a tad and add some spark will make this truck jump IMO. Other than that the truck is a great machine.

Take it outta 4-wheel drive. :jester:

What's the gear ratio? Has it acted like this since you purchased it new?

My V-Max is rear wheel drive, I think the gear ratio is 3.73 and it is getting more power than before, but I don't like waiting a few seconds to get all my power, it is fast though, I just need a tune to get all my power. GM has put to much torque management on these new trucks. I also need to drop it, it is to high.

Not sure what they are limited at (check the speed rating on the tires, that may indicate a clue) however, my father purchased one and when I took it for a drive I noticed it is very strong up top however off the line, I wasn't impressed as I though I would be. I instantly asked him if I can hook up the laptop and he said hell no. FWIW though, his truck will turn the tires over from a start. :thumbs:

A tune to wipe out the TM, lean her out a tad and add some spark will make this truck jump IMO. Other than that the truck is a great machine.

Well I got stock Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires so I don't think they are speed rated high. On the launch they aren't that quick, but it gain power sick at higher speeds and it feels faster than my 5.3, but on the takeoff it feels like my 5.3 would beat my V-Max , but from 30 to 95 I think it will beat my 5.3L. I just need a tune to get all that power from the 6.0 engine.