Electric Fans?

jbrim

Do you mean pull, vice push? Or, do you plan to wire backwards?

The one I am looking at is pulling air away from the radiator and pushing air toward the motor. It will mount inside the factory shroud. I hooked it up to a power supply at work and the thing will almost take flight it moves so much air.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the dc controller i have turns them on at 50% with the a/c. i live in houston and it is getting warm here. my a/c works goooood with them at 50%. and i have a 160 therm to.the other day i was waiting in line at jack in the crack(box) for about 20 minutes. i hooked up the predator to read the temps-184*.i then pulled to the side after i got my food and the fans were running at about 40% without the a/c on and that was it.they were keeping the truck very cool.

The one I am looking at is pulling air away from the radiator and pushing air toward the motor. It will mount inside the factory shroud. I hooked it up to a power supply at work and the thing will almost take flight it moves so much air.

Sounds like it pulls to me.

I had a very similar fan setup on mine before i put the ls1 fans one. My radiator is aftermarket and is huge!! (howe radiator)

The single fan will probably not cut it, it didn't in my case and that was without a/c.

The pusher style fans are less efficient than the puller style. Push style is in front of the radiator and blows thru the rad. Puller style, is in the engine compartment, behind the rad and sucks air into the rad.

The only way that fan setup might work is if you build a covering around the area that the fan is not covering so that air will be forced thru the rad and not suck air around the fan. Then, you might not get enough air on the highway.

Skip all the overheating and install the ls1 fans or flex fans.

I hear ya benkey, the vsc is junk, how are they expecting to pull all those amps thru those small underrated transistors. That's why they get hot and melt, talk about a fire hazard LOL. Some do work, like yours, however, I see them go bad all the time.

good luck,

allen

Archived