Electric Fans?

jbrim

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys,

Got my truck dynoed up with the new heads and cam and then added the electric fans. I will post HP details in another post, but the wiring harness I made for the truck worked perfect and I had it installed in a half hour. The fuse block and relay hid under the stock relay/fuse center plastic and you can't even see it. Other than a few wires you can't even tell it's there. The fans kicked on at the commanded 184 perfectly and really seem to move a ton of air. I will do some more testing letting it set still and see how the fans keep up just to verify. I will get harness pricing and pics together in the next day or two. I am just beat tired from being at the dyno until 11:30 PCM and have to get caught up first.

Thanks,

Bryan

Here are some pics of my setup.

First is the fans as they are mounted...

Fans

Next is the relay and fuse/circuit breaker as I mounted it next to the main fuse block

fuse block and relay

Here is the relay and fuse block covered by the main fuse block plastic

relays hidden

Here is my $30 Home depot intake also showing the fans

homemade intake

Here is the intake and fans again

intake and fans

I maintain 14 volts at idle in gear with no problems at all with the fans running.

They seem to move a lot of air and the install is pretty simple.

Later,

Bryan

Here are some pics of my setup.

First is the fans as they are mounted...

Fans

Next is the relay and fuse/circuit breaker as I mounted it next to the main fuse block

fuse block and relay

Here is the relay and fuse block covered by the main fuse block plastic

relays hidden

Here is my $30 Home depot intake also showing the fans

homemade intake

Here is the intake and fans again

intake and fans

I maintain 14 volts at idle in gear with no problems at all with the fans running.

They seem to move a lot of air and the install is pretty simple.

Later,

Bryan

bryan... how much for the kit and when will they be available?

do you also have the under drive pulleys on there ?

i might do the fans at the same time i have you program my computer once the truck comes in at the dealer.

Electric fans are typically given credit for "freeing up" about 10-15 hp because you remove the clutch fan (and the load it creates) from the engine. E-fans also have the advantage of allowing you to control the engine temperature a little better - which can allow for more aggressive tuning.

:cheers:

Archived