Electric Fans?

jbrim

Great idea big Tex on the high speed turn on. I will be finishing up my heads and cam install this morning and the fan wiring (actually I made the fan wiring up a few weeks ago, but just have to install it). I'll have to keep an eye on your progress and possibly add it to my wiring.

Later,

Bryan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK tell me, Do the LS1 fans mount up nice or is there fabrication involved? I do wnt to use the ECM to control my fans, when I get them. If this is a better way for me to go, what application should i get the fans for??? Thanks for the help!!!

OK tell me, Do the LS1 fans mount up nice or is there fabrication involved? I do wnt to use the ECM to control my fans, when I get them. If this is a better way for me to go, what application should i get the fans for??? Thanks for the help!!!

:withstupid: please, someone tell me, is it really necissary to get the flexalites, i got a pretty good deal on the LS1 fans, should i just use them?? what the heck?

Go LS1 fans. You can get them for a good price, they mount up nice with a few small hand made brackets and with the PCM controlling it and a few $$ in wiring, relays, and fuses and it's a go. I can setup the PCM for whatever fan temps you would like the PCM to turn on the fans, and we may consider having wiring kits made up at our shop for sale so it can be a plug and play operation like the other fan kits. The install should look cleaner, the operation of the fans will be better and the price will be better, so I think it is a win/win combination.

Later,

Bryan

LS1 fans should work fine. They pull enough air and can be made to fit. You just have to figure out the wiring for yourself...

I think most people who go with the 282's do so because of ease of installation and wiring. If you don't mind fabricating a couple of brackets and doing your own wiring, the LS1 fans is the low $$ way to go. :)

I ran LT1 fans on my 00 Z71. They fit nicely. I paid just over $100 for them. Since the SS has a larger radiator core, I thought I'd rather have a larger fan assembly to cool it. LS1 / LT1 fans would work, nut the Flex 282 fans will pull more air and cool it better.

On a side note, the DARN flex VSC / temp probe was acting stupid today. 85* outside temps in traffic. It didn't take long to get to 265*. I'm going to speed up the PCM controlled fan switch project. I'll just sell the VSC on ebay.

Go LS1 fans. You can get them for a good price, they mount up nice with a few small hand made brackets and with the PCM controlling it and a few $$ in wiring, relays, and fuses and it's a go. I can setup the PCM for whatever fan temps you would like the PCM to turn on the fans, and we may consider having wiring kits made up at our shop for sale so it can be a plug and play operation like the other fan kits. The install should look cleaner, the operation of the fans will be better and the price will be better, so I think it is a win/win combination.

Later,

Bryan

Is 125$ good for the ls1 fans??

my ac compressor has quit working. i think its the vsc. any way to bypass that as a temp untill some one figures out a way to rid of the vsc.

Just unplug the A/C wire from the VSC. Fans should still work unless you wired it differently than normal.

my ac compressor has quit working.  i think its the vsc.  any way to bypass that as a temp untill some one figures out a way to rid of the vsc.

Just unplug the A/C wire from the VSC. Fans should still work unless you wired it differently than normal.

i had alreay tried that and the clutch still wont kick in. i have checked everything

Archived