Electric Fans?

jbrim

I installed the flexalite 282 fan kit about three months ago.  Initially I was pretty impressed with the improved performance and quiet operation. I noticed After a  few weeks that every time it would turn on my volt meter would drop from 14 down to 11 or 12.  It got so bad that it completely drained my battery.  The dealership was kind enough to give me a new battery but now I'm stuck with the same problem of serious drainage every time it kicks on, and I don't think the dealership will contiue with a lifetime replacement program on my battery.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Could it be a bad alternator or just not a stong enough one? Any advice would help, Thanks.

When I did my tuning with Allen Nelson, I had him raise my idle to 625-700rpm all through the hot range where it normally is in the 500rpm range. Mine dips only at night now, when the A/C, lights, and fans kick on.

Oh, and I have the underdrive pulley from ASP as well.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still think I'm going to do without the VSC if possible. I'll just sell t and its temp probe.

Here is what I'm thinking:

That's the camaro wiring setup right, if so, do you mean you're gonna replace the 2nd fan control on the schematic with the ac signal or toggle switch, good idea!

thanks,

allen

Exactly Allen. Have the PCM turn on the Fans in low speed. Then have the A/C system toggle the center switch and kick the fans on high.

What do you think?

I think I'm gonna buy some parts and get started, hehehe.

If you get it done, let me know, I'd like to see how it turns out. I've been really wanting to do this, just haven't had time. I'm not liking how the system gets a little drained when the fans kick on high.

thanks for putting it back on my list of things to do,

allen

Looks like something new just got added to my list also.  :thumbs:

You seem to add everything to your list. I'm tempted to say you are as bad as Ben, but there is no need in wasting my breath. ;)

:P

Ben is definately part of my problem, yes. My wife tells me he is a bad influence. ;)

I just think of it this way Tex, pretty soon there won't be much left to put on the list. Well, not counting another project, like a 67 SS that is.

I totally understand.  Trying to "keep up with the Jonses" can be habit forming and expensive.  Just as soon as I think I'm happy with my current setup, I want something more.

I have no clue what you're talking about BigTex. ;)

Not to self: add NX wet kit to list

Eric - does your wife know I'm in San Diego? She's not going to track me down is she? She's not at NSGA SD is she? That's where my meeting is.

I have been on the fence for a while about the fans. This has been mostly because the way they are wired, and I saw how mickey mouse the controller is on a blue SS at the Dallas Tune Rally. I think Ill do my fans at the same time as the Radix mid May, if you guys still like the wiring idea by then!! Thanks guys for sharing your great minds!!

Archived