What do you love about your VHO/Vortec Max the most?, what made you bu

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wanted a v8 and to have a fullsize. Fell in love with the silveradoss, but decided I wanted something more conservative looking. Why are there so many SS guys replys in here? Did they not see this is why we bought are VORTECMAXES/VHOS? lol

thread use to say "ss" edit i guess?

Well I went to my local dealer to see about a base model 4x4 and they only had one on the lot. It was the first one I had seen with that color at the time and was fully loaded. I test drove it and bought it that same day!

post-8750-1185437170_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I custom ordered mine from the dealer ship. When I first started I was going to get the 5.3 crew, but when I started doing the math with addons for the 5.3, the more the V-Max option made sense/cents. More power, stronger/better drivetrain parts, ride control suspension, only downfall was the gas milage gets 13-15mpg empty or hauling. I don't regret getting the truck in anyway, it has exceded my expectations in every way. The only problem I've had was my temp guage quit working in my cluster, and it took the dealership 2 clusters to correct the problem

What??? You have a tranny temp gauge? Why don't I have one?

Mike

i don't think he said anything about a tranny gauge, so i'm assuming he means coolant temp gauge? imo.

but all our trucks have the pre existing wiring for the trans gauge, but chevy was to cheap to put the gauge itself into anything but the SSS or HD's. :banghead:

I custom ordered my 2006. I was a fan of the SS, but it was a bit too pricey. And I was not a big fan of the 06 Silverado front end. So I played around on the GMC website and stumbled upon the Sierra Perfomance Edition. With all the SSS performance goodies in a no frills, low cost package, I just couldn't pass it up. I went with the black extended cab, SLE1 basic interior, and the Performance Edition package as my only option. It is a beautiful truck, all black with chrome trim and chrome 20's. I think one of my favorite parts is the locking rear end. On rainy or snowy days, I could spend hours just driving around, hanging it out around every corner.

It is still bone stock, but will eventually get an exhaust, air intake, and dyno tune.