What do you love about your VHO/Vortec Max the most?, what made you bu

About 2 years ago I was at the GMC dealer and saw a slick black ext cab 2wd Sierra w/20's. Walked over and it turned out to be a VHO. Never had heard of or seen one before. It was the only thing like it I had ever seen. But I remember the sticker saying it had a 345hp Vortec Max motor in it. Fast forward a year 11pm I was window shopping at my local Chevy dealer, and low and behold I see a black ext cab 2wd Silverado w/20's and a huge Vortec Max emblem on the door. I knew right then it was mine, had just been traded in that day. I went at 10am the next morning and bought it. It wasn't even on the lot, but in the back. And I still have yet to see a older body style Vortec Max in person. Supposedly the guy traded my truck in on a new C6. Perfect condition only had 9k on it and I got it for a steal of 21k. Couldn't beat it. I was in the market for a Z71, but the performance and looks of what these trucks have is what caused me to jump on it.

Edited by Fat Nick (see edit history)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda like the last post for me, Just killin time rollin through the dealership, looked at the price tag and walked away. "with all the extras they wanted $48,900"

Saw a friend who was a salesman at the dealership at sonic 2 weeks later, asked him what they would take for it, so he got my number and said he would call. Two hours later phone rings, he tells me to get up there right now. It just so happens that on my way there my clutch started slipping in my Dodge cummins. He sits me down tells me the truck has been bounced from dealer to dealer for over a year. Bottom line $30,500. $1,000 more than i needed trade in, And took it home that night. Now my days are sooo much briter because of it.

post-13485-1191563110_thumb.jpg

post-13485-1191563115_thumb.jpg

post-13485-1191563119_thumb.jpg

post-13485-1191563135_thumb.jpg

Edited by 06BLACKMAX (see edit history)

i always wanted a 6.0 ever since mu buddy got a VHO looked for about 2 yrs and found it at the dealership a 2007 classic gmc performance edition vortec max SLE2 with sunroof , color stelth grey metalic 20 inch rims 3.73 gears... mine is the only one like it were i live so thats why i like my vortec max caus it the omly one like it here. performance wise i have long tube headers,intake,no cats,hp tuners,DNA race exuast, i have a zippy shift kit,yank stall 3000,and 4.10 gears i still have to put in cant wait....

• 1 month later...

I was hellbent on getting an Avalanche, even joined their forum site. After putting 240K on my 95 5.7 Silverado, I decided to stick with Chevy....after all, Ford and Dodge are........well......ford and dodge. Anyways, I had a subscription to Sport Truck Magazine, and some guy wrote in to the editors blasting them about not covering this sleeper Chevy (the VHO or B4V option package). I scoured the internet for about a week, and FINALLY found the option code. I emailed a few dealers, told them what I wanted, and explained that if they didn't know what I was talking about, to not bother getting back with me. Two dealerships came back with located VHO's. One was a black/black leather GMC on a showroom floor somewhere in La., the second one black/cloth LS in Dallas. Since this is a company truck, I decided not to push my luck and took the cloth LS. I figure, what the f*ck, I'm 40, single, and like smoking people....this is the truck for me!

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings...new guy here. I'm contemplating an '08 Silverado 1500 V-MAX CC 2WD for my wife. Its a Silver Birch Metallic exterior, Ebony interior, LTZ with sunroof, electric rear window slider, 20-inchers, safety package, and DVD navigation. She wants it for general commuting, needs it for hauling hay in the bed and to occasionally pull a 2-horse trailer. Its either this or a new leftover '07 2500HD w/Duramax/Allison and the same options (minus the stabilitrack/rear sidecurtain airbags). Since she going to use it as her primary mode of general everyday transpportation, the left side of my brain says the V-MAX is the right choice...but sometimes the right side of my brain tells me to look at that '07 diesel "just because" heh heh. I think they'd each get the same MPGs. Man, I wish the V-MAX had the 6-speed auto from the 6.0-engined 2500HD. Would that help increase the MPGs of the V-MAX? Since I'm in SoCal, I'm hoping there's a good set of CARB-EO'd headers available for the V-MAX...that and a good set of cat-back exhaust should help increase the V-MAX's MPG numbers. What do you guys think I should do? I look forward to reading your opinions and feedback....thanks!

Edited by 9C1FORFUN (see edit history)