What do you love about your VHO/Vortec Max the most?, what made you bu

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.0 allwheel drive and the fact of not having to put after market rims to make it look good also nice leather interior at the time when I bought the only other gm pick-up offered in 6.0 was th denali and 2500 series.

Edited by oscareltemblo (see edit history)

The VHO was cheeper and offered virtually the same 6.0L/4L65E in a 1/2 ton truck in 2WD forms!! :driving: Furthermore, at the time (2004) it was also RARER than the SSS, so it drew alot of questions at the gas stations, grocery store, mall, etc (u get the picture). Oh yeah, a prospective buyer could also get ANY exterior GM color on the VHO's and pull the same amount of payload as an SSS..... :thumbs:

probebly the same as us SSS'ers. looks, power, and reliability.

Well, I wouldn't say looks...at least not when compared to the SS. I always liked the SS Silverados, but they did not meet my truck needs. I always thought "Man, I wish Chevy would put this motor in a half ton 4x4." And then it was so.

I love the monochrome look and styling of the SS, but I needed a truck with a little more towing capacity, and suspension more suited to off road. I don't go "diggin," but I do live in Idaho. It snows deep and I love to camp and fish. The SS would get beat up pulling my camp trailer down gravel roads.

I also like the fact that I can switch between 2 and 4 wheel drive at the push of a button. Very cool.

So the Vortec MAX is the perfect truck for me. It is an SS from the waist up, and a Z71 from the waist down.

Mike

I bought my truck new in 04 when I was seperated from my wife for a few months. I had a 94 chevy 4X4 that just turned 200 thousand miles. The tranny was about to go and the SS seem a good fit for me since I do more road driving than 4X4ing. Now I have it all in one. Me and the wife got back together a couple of months after I bought the truck. :D

I always wanted a v8 and to have a fullsize. Fell in love with the silveradoss, but decided I wanted something more conservative looking. Why are there so many SS guys replys in here? Did they not see this is why we bought are VORTECMAXES/VHOS? lol

Edited by sdimedude (see edit history)

I always wanted a v8 and to have a fullsize. Fell in love with the silveradoss, but decided I wanted something more conservative looking. Why are there so many SS guys replys in here? Did they not see this is why we bought are VORTECMAXES/VHOS? lol

Do you have any pictures of your truck?