Turbonetics 76mm Build

BlackySS13

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I should be getting the trans back here pretty soon. I went w/ Rossler because of their rep. and the reliability. Plus it's still somewhat close to me. It should be able to support the kind of HP that I want out of it, which isn't totally crazy. I'm not really looking for any drag records, just want something to kick it on the street.

Interesting. What are you thinkint about doing?

I've got an extra set of stock manifolds that should fit upside down/flipped from their stock position, or perhaps still leading down but on opposite sides. Then a few mandrel bends later, poof, a custom front mount turbo. I've got all of the flanges sourced that I would need. Tack it together with my mig and send it off to be finish welded via tig welder. Put that together with my L76/L92 setup and we've got something in the 600 HP area being VERY mild on the combination and even easier on the budget. It's still just a pipe dream at this point, but it could happen. :driving:

Sounds like that would be a killer setup for a person on a budget. The stock mani's have been proven to handle 1000hp levels so you'll be okay. I just couldn't turn down the opportunity to have a set up fabbed up custom headers.

We're aiming to have this done by the Indy Import and Truck Bash which is August 18, so I should have some pics/vids soon. I'm psyched, I've been waiting since March.

Sounds like that would be a killer setup for a person on a budget. The stock mani's have been proven to handle 1000hp levels so you'll be okay. I just couldn't turn down the opportunity to have a set up fabbed up custom headers.

We're aiming to have this done by the Indy Import and Truck Bash which is August 18, so I should have some pics/vids soon. I'm psyched, I've been waiting since March.

It's the waiting that's the hard part. I have to wait to get a job before I can really do much... it's been almost 4 months without a job. :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...