low cost swaybar upgrade

jc04ss

As far as I can tell on Energy Suspensions web site, part number 9.5172R is for the sway bar bushings only (R is for Red, G is for Black):

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html

The end links have to be purchased separately:

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/endl.html

I was unable to determine the correct size end link grommets, grommets & washers, or complete sets for our trucks.

There is also a site that specializes in selling Energy Suspension components:

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/

I found that on both sites, it was not too easy to determine the correct part numbers. Maybe one of you know the correct size end links?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as I can tell on Energy Suspensions web site, part number 9.5172R is for the sway bar bushings only (R is for Red, G is for Black):

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html

The end links have to be purchased separately:

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/endl.html

I was unable to determine the correct size end link grommets, grommets & washers, or complete sets for our trucks.

There is also a site that specializes in selling Energy Suspension components:

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/

I found that on both sites, it was not too easy to determine the correct part numbers. Maybe one of you know the correct size end links?

If you go on there website, I dont know the part number, but they are the ones that are 4.5" long. easy to figure out. just take a tape measure and measure them with the truck sitting flat on the ground. in any respect i ordered the ones stated above. good luck and let us know what you come up with and if you like them.

If you go on there website, I dont know the part number, but they are the ones that are 4.5" long. easy to figure out. just take a tape measure and measure them with the truck sitting flat on the ground. in any respect i ordered the ones stated above. good luck and let us know what you come up with and if you like them.

I just ordered the greasable swaybar bushings (part # 9.5172R) and End Links (part # 9.8121) from EnergySuspensionParts.com. I'll post up some comments once they are installed.

Including shipping? You did better than me! Where did you get them?

ancient chinese secret... really cant say, but i do know that is what cost was plus tax. shop didnt charge me shipping and i got them locally. nothing like a long relationship with a good shop:)

I just ordered the greasable swaybar bushings (part # 9.5172R) and End Links (part # 9.8121) from EnergySuspensionParts.com. I'll post up some comments once they are installed.

Hank, let me know how difficult the install is, I am thinking of ordering the kit too :chevy:

Here are a few pics of what I did tonight. I would say worth the hour it took me, and worth the price. It took me an hour, didnt take wheels off and didnt jack the truck up. this includes taking one of the end links off cause I put a washer on upside down.and one last pic

post-5722-1188527437_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1188527447_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1188527554_thumb.jpg

Here are a few pics of what I did tonight. I would say worth the hour it took me, and worth the price. It took me an hour, didnt take wheels off and didnt jack the truck up. this includes taking one of the end links off cause I put a washer on upside down.and one last pic

That looks like the underneath of my truck! :thumbs: Did you drive it enough to feel a difference?? Looks great by the way :cheers:

I havent really taken it for a spirited ride yet, but I can tell bouncing around town and what not that it is definatly stiffer and tighter on the corners. pulling into my driveway is also not such a bouncy adventure. makes me wanna look into other things to replace on the bushing front.

I give it 2 thumbs up!

ok ill be over bright and early saturday morning so we can do mine, and i can show you the AVIC. LOL

:jester:

I havent really taken it for a spirited ride yet, but I can tell bouncing around town and what not that it is definatly stiffer and tighter on the corners. pulling into my driveway is also not such a bouncy adventure. makes me wanna look into other things to replace on the bushing front.

I give it 2 thumbs up!

On the 'other bushing' front...I have made more of a formal inquiry from Energy via email and asked for a complete list of applicable parts and part numbers for our trucks. More info to come.

I give it 2 thumbs up!

Have you also trimmed the bump stops? I've read here that that helps the ride as well. I figured the combination of that and the sway bar bushing upgrade would be a really inexpensive improvement to both handling and ride. I'm glad to hear that the sway bar upgrade worked out OK.