low cost swaybar upgrade

jc04ss

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could this be a "do-it-yourself" job too? Did you see if the kit came with instructions? Thanks.

I am not sure if it came with instructions, but it looks like you just unbolt the endlinks and swaybar bushings, re-install, and squirt a little grease in the bushing zerk and your done . The guys at Les Schwab were talking with me while they were doing it or it probably would have taken them 30 minutes to install.

PN#'s PLEASE??

The part # listed on my invoice is 3.5209, but make sure you let them know our swaybars are 1 1/4", and let them know if you want red or black. Red stands out to let others looking know you have upgraded. :thumbs:

The part # listed on my invoice is 3.5209, but make sure you let them know our swaybars are 1 1/4", and let them know if you want red or black. Red stands out to let others looking know you have upgraded. :thumbs:

I thought that this PN# had the wrong bushings???

the busings are maked what size bar they are for. the links are like 7in long so just match the size.

install would be easy, 8 bolts...I was just shocked the sway bar ones were almost $40...out of the budget till I go back to work.

Go to a good tire and suspension shop and have them call Energy Suspension. That is what I did. You cant get it directly form Energy Suspension and when I wanted the kit I had to have them call, because our trucks were not listed for the kits. Like I said the kit was $70. I had it installed, but you can do it yourself too. Seemed pretty simple.

Energy Suspension also had Leaf spring bushing kits that reduced body lean as well, but getting that installed was kinda spendy for me. I am not sure how hard that would be for a do it yourselfer.

Is there anyway you can verify the part number on this? I went to order them today and the shop told me it was for the 2wd trucks. I'm kind of excited about these as it sounds do are others. do you have the box they cam in? anything? I called energy suspension and they were kind of rude and short with me on the phone like they were talkin to a kid. not impressed with them on that, but their products are great as long as we have a part number I am sure alot of us would cash in on this good find!! Thanks

Is there anyway you can verify the part number on this? I went to order them today and the shop told me it was for the 2wd trucks. I'm kind of excited about these as it sounds do are others. do you have the box they cam in? anything? I called energy suspension and they were kind of rude and short with me on the phone like they were talkin to a kid. not impressed with them on that, but their products are great as long as we have a part number I am sure alot of us would cash in on this good find!! Thanks

Like Bad Bowtie earlier in this thread, I tried to find this on Summit's site. They had plenty of stuff by Energy Suspension, but not this kit. Between this kit, and the thread I was reading on trimming the bump stops, it sounds like 2 inexpensive ways to ride AND handle better. If we can find the kit...

Hey I did find one of the boxes! The part number is 9.5172R - 1-1/4" Swaybar bushing. The R at the end is if you want red bushings. Get the greasable bushing as well. As said before I went to Les Schwabs Tires and they called around to try and find the stuff and ended up calling Energy Suspension to get what they needed for my truck. I am not sure about the endlinks part #

I first found this kit in a Performance Corner Specialty 2007 parts and access. catalog.

Edited by jimp (see edit history)

Hey I did find one of the boxes! The part number is 9.5172R - 1-1/4" Swaybar bushing. The R at the end is if you want red bushings. Get the greasable bushing as well. As said before I went to Les Schwabs Tires and they called around to try and find the stuff and ended up calling Energy Suspension to get what they needed for my truck. I am not sure about the endlinks part #

I first found this kit in a Performance Corner Specialty 2007 parts and access. catalog.

I ordered mine, I will have them on for the weekend. Will post my results when I get a chance to beat em a lil bit. great find by the way! I have heard nothing but good things in upgrading bushings!

I ordered mine, I will have them on for the weekend. Will post my results when I get a chance to beat em a lil bit. great find by the way! I have heard nothing but good things in upgrading bushings!

:thumbs: Cool!!! I am glad you found the kit. Post up your results and what you thing about the kit. Did you get the red colored bushings??

:thumbs: Cool!!! I am glad you found the kit. Post up your results and what you thing about the kit. Did you get the red colored bushings??

well of course ;) I also think I might look into a rear kit if I like this difference. I got them cheeeeeeep!!