HID Help

NashSS

I just bought a HID Kit from the online member here bdsub or something like that anyway I've recieved the kit and I have an idea of where to install the ballasts but I've heard of burn in time? What all do i need to do when i install them for burn in time or anything like that? I just dont want to burn em up or ruin em by not doing something the right way.

There is nothing to worry about - "burn in time" just means that the bulbs will get more blue/purple over their first 150-hrs of operation. Before installing anything hook-up all electrical and test it once just to make sure it's not defective, then mount the ballast and swap bulbs.

Mr. P. :)

I believe the burn in time you heard about is there is a certain amount of time you have to leave the lights on initially. When I installed mine, the instructions said that I had to leave my HID's on for something like 5-10 minutes the first time I lit them up.

I believe the burn in time you heard about is there is a certain amount of time you have to leave the lights on initially. When I installed mine, the instructions said that I had to leave my HID's on for something like 5-10 minutes the first time I lit them up.

Thats what im talking about. I gotta find the instructions but Im gonna put em in tomorrow

Well I pluged em in and one of them is not working. Ive been waiting all week to put these things in and now I have a defective one. I believe its the bulb because one of them works and the one that doesnt work i plugged it into the working one and it still didnt work so hopefully bqsub57 will fix things for me and i can get my hids going because I was really looking forward to it.

i know the feeling all too well man i had one go out a week ago...pissed me off really bad, but i've got a kit coming in from bqdsub72 hopefully i won't have the same problem

Well I pluged em in and one of them is not working. Ive been waiting all week to put these things in and now I have a defective one. I believe its the bulb because one of them works and the one that doesnt work i plugged it into the working one and it still didnt work so hopefully bqsub57 will fix things for me and i can get my hids going because I was really looking forward to it.

I know this maybe a dumb response but make sure you have it plugged in right. On my kit when I got the 2nd one plugged in it wouldn't work and it turned out I plugged into the harness backwards and it worked fine afterwards so I would double check that.

:withstupid: The ballasts are polarity sensitive - the 12v power leads on my set came from the factory wired backwards as well. Swap the bulbs to make sure it's actually the bulb that isn't working, or it's the second ballast.

Mr. P.

Mine seems like they have a short in them sometimes too. Today, I just checked the connections cuz when I would first start it up, the lights would come on but flicker and one would act funny. It wouldn't shine as bright as the other, so I checked the connections and one was not plugged in all the way. I guess the aftermarket are not as good as the factory ones. Anyway, I just tightened up the connections and used electricans black tape to hold them together. As fas as the installation, here's a few pics of how I installed mine. You can never tell where they are at. I took off the fan shroud cover on top of the fan, and put them under the bracket. Hope the pictures help out for the install. I use commerical grade velcro and then bolted them in so they would vibrate loose.

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

Well thanks guys, Ill will plug em in tomorrow for a second time just to make absolutly certain that its a faulty bulb. Also I was looking at some replacement bulbs on ebay and there obviously not the same brand or whatever that bqsub offers but would they still work? Because I was thinking of ordering some 6000k replacements because I really want to get these things going and plus there cheap enough and it would be nice to have a spare set just in case.

Ok one more thing, On the side that wasnt working there wasnt any clicking or humming like there was on the other side but the bulb wasnt lit either? Like i said ill double check everything tomorrow to make absolutly sure i didnt leave a loose connection or anything. Also do the ballasts get hot because I found a place to mount em but am afriad they'll get hot and burn some plastic where I mounted them. Please help a guy out.

Also does anyone recommend someone to buy some replacement bulbs from?

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

Ok one more thing, On the side that wasnt working there wasnt any clicking or humming like there was on the other side but the bulb wasnt lit either? Like i said ill double check everything tomorrow to make absolutly sure i didnt leave a loose connection or anything. Also do the ballasts get hot because I found a place to mount em but am afriad they'll get hot and burn some plastic where I mounted them. Please help a guy out.

Also does anyone recommend someone to buy some replacement bulbs from?

When I first plugged mine in one of them didn't work, I had the harness plugged in backwards. They work now. Bgdsub has replacement bulbs, I bought some 8000k's and 6000k's.

Chime in guys on how good these hid lights actually work...I am a little paranoid paying $100 for something that is $300 everywhere else...Was wondering if it was really too good to be true..

Are they really that good?

Thanks!!!

Edited by cadillacbob (see edit history)