Reduced Engine power

TDMSS

The other day when i was driving down the road and i was going up a hill i have 3 4-wheelers that i was hauling and i the reduced engine light came on i know what its about and i pulled over and let it sit on the side of the road like a idiot.. started the truck back up and it was fine for the rest of the day, the next day it did it 3 times within 5 hours and now it starting to bug me. is there anything that i can do for this any ideas or what i could do to make this stop. I just called the dealer and they want to look at it, but its not worth 100.00 and hour for somthing small!

what are your temp guages reading when the light comes on? :confused:

It sounds like something is on the verge of overheating (engine/trans)

nothing above average nor that or the tranny kinda wondering what is it

but its not pulling anything for codes like the check engine light, it just shuts down my power thats it

Even without an illuminated check engine light, there are probably pending codes stored in the computer. I've had one "reduced engine power" episode and it was when I forgot to tighten one of the hose clamps on the intake, which caused a big enough of an air leak to freak out the MAF. Never got a check engine light, only the reduced engine power warning on the DIC display, but the code for MAF fail was in the pending list...