Hotchkis Rear Swaybar installed

Frist off I must thank Jeremy (Rivierakid) for taking the time to help with the install and getting the rack time. Having a rack made the install much much easier. It would have been doable in the driveway, but would have taken at least twice as long.

Now that both the front and rear are installed the truck feels great. I personally can't feel to much of a difference with the rear installed but I'm sure that there is. So far it seems that the front made the most difference. That's all I really have to say, so here are the pics I took.

Hotchkis_Swaybars_Rear001.jpg

Hotchkis_Swaybars_Rear002.jpg

Hotchkis_Swaybars_Rear003.jpg

Hotchkis_Swaybars_Rear004.jpg

Hotchkis_Swaybars_Rear005.jpg

Hotchkis_Swaybars_Rear006.jpg

Hotchkis_Swaybars_Rear007.jpg

Hotchkis_Swaybars_Rear008.jpg

Hotchkis_Swaybars_Rear009.jpg

Hotchkis_Swaybars_Rear010.jpg

Looks Nice! Time for some nitro actives...

yeah, Jeremy and I talked a little about replacing the shocks. I'd like to do it, just need the funds first. Since I need to move out later this year I think mods on the truck will have to stop for now until I get that all squared away too :(.

yeah they sure look good daryl! they do hang down slightly lower than the pumpkin but nothing that should ever be an issue. daryls at stock ride height and im lowered over 3 inches and i dont have an issue with my bars. as far as shocks go id like to see daryl try the new bilsteins that are for the stock height trucks but as he says, other stuff comes first!

and no the rears are definately not bolt in brad. yes if you have the right tool you could probably do it without lowering the gas tank but i didnt know where to look for it at my friends shop. drilling the frame is the most difficult part for sure though.

yeah they sure look good daryl! they do hang down slightly lower than the pumpkin but nothing that should ever be an issue. daryls at stock ride height and im lowered over 3 inches and i dont have an issue with my bars. as far as shocks go id like to see daryl try the new bilsteins that are for the stock height trucks but as he says, other stuff comes first!

and no the rears are definately not bolt in brad. yes if you have the right tool you could probably do it without lowering the gas tank but i didnt know where to look for it at my friends shop. drilling the frame is the most difficult part for sure though.

When I do have the funds I probably will go with bilsteins, when I replied to usabodyguard I was just speaking about replacing the shocks in general with something better.

Any as stated, the rears aren't bolt in. I do suggest for anyone that has them to download the instructions PDF Instructions for 2230. Print them out yourself or just look at them on your computer in full size and color. The half size B&W stuff they send just doesn't cut it, especially for the rear. Like Jeremy said, the hardest and most time consuming is drilling the frame. If I had to do it in my driveway it would have taken at least twice as long. You could probably bypass dropping the tank by using a tool like Mechanical Fingers. But I can't say for sure, it would probably still take a few to get it where you need.

Edited by 2006SilverSS (see edit history)

... I personally can't feel to much of a difference with the rear installed but I'm sure that there is. ...
The rear bar only adds a little anti-roll, but where you can tell it's working is by the amount of understeer it takes out of the truck - you don't have to keep feeding more wheel into the turn after you're halfway through it.

Mr. P. :)

Looks good!

Hint: Add a few zip ties, bend the wire loop a little and you will keep the link from rubbing on the brake cable!

post-5006-1180999136_thumb.jpg

That's a good idea, I might have to do that (black zip ties though). Thanks :thumbs:

• 6 years later...

I know it's an old post but I wanted to confirm that this fits the 14 bolt rear with a TA performance girdle. Hotchkis 2230. DJM rear antisway bar does NOT fit with this girdle. I installed it in my driveway. The hardest part of the install was the plate for the driver side. I used an electricians fish and taped the plate to it and fished in into the holes. Luckily GM puts a oval hole about in the center of where the plate lands. I was able to use it as a guide with my fingers.. Front and rear using a creeper on my driveway was about 4-6 hrs. I also had some F'd threads on the front U-Bushing. So re tapping added a bit of time for me. A definite handling upgrade. Turns feel tighter. Even getting on or off the turnpike I feel like it hugs the rd like my wife's Mazda. Super happy with this upgrade!

Edited by A_FuriouSS (see edit history)