Hotchkis Swaybars

This past weekend I was able to get the front swaybar installed but wasn't able to do the rear :banghead:, it looks as though the fuel tank needs to be dropped to get it done. So far though even with just the front installed the truck feels better, I can't wait to get the rear in and see how it feels after that. I took a couple pics during the install and will try to post those up later.

Yeah it's a hassle but you don't need to completely drop the tank, you just need enough room to get your hand in there to tighten the bolts. Use a rolling floor jack with a 2-ft board to support the tank, undo the 2 straps and then lower an inch or two and use a leverage tool to pry the tank away from the frame rail enough to get your hand in there. You might need to unscrew the fill neck from the bed but I don't remember having to do that. And drill the holes for the bracket first, then move the tank.

Mr. P. :)

I was able to install the bracket without doing anything to the tank. On mine, there is an opening in the frame rail just in front of the tank. I used a flexible claw pickup tool (like this one http://www.rvtoyoutlet.com/c-rv-tools/p-6968.html ), attached it to the front stud and snaked it down the frame rail. I was finished in under one minute. You could also tape some solid wire to the bracket, and do it that way.

I was able to install the bracket without doing anything to the tank. On mine, there is an opening in the frame rail just in front of the tank. I used a flexible claw pickup tool (like this one http://www.rvtoyoutlet.com/c-rv-tools/p-6968.html ), attached it to the front stud and snaked it down the frame rail. I was finished in under one minute. You could also tape some solid wire to the bracket, and do it that way.

Cheater. :jester:

which bilsteins did you get? i have a stock stance\height and i want to replace my shocks all around with billsteins.

I'm interested in Bilsteins for the stock height too. I think I read here that they don't make them for lowered SS's.

which bilsteins did you get? i have a stock stance\height and i want to replace my shocks all around with billsteins.

I'm interested in Bilsteins for the stock height too. I think I read here that they don't make them for lowered SS's.

Those would be Part Numbers BE5-C891-H0 (Front) and BE5-C892-H0 (Rear)

I got mine off eShocks.com, but the deal is, the rear shocks are backordered in germany till late june. at least thats what eshocks told me.

$135.90 per set(2) of shocks. free shipping minimum order of $200

Those would be Part Numbers BE5-C891-H0 (Front) and BE5-C892-H0 (Rear)

I got mine off eShocks.com, but the deal is, the rear shocks are backordered in germany till late june. at least thats what eshocks told me.

$135.90 per set(2) of shocks. free shipping minimum order of $200

Thanks!

I downloaded the pics that I took during the install and realized that I took more of the stock swaybar than the new one. I'll try to get more of the rear when I finally do that.

Stock Swaybar

Swaybar006.jpg

Swaybar004.jpg

Swaybar003.jpg

Swaybar002.jpg

Swaybar001.jpg

Hotchkis Swaybar

Swaybar008.jpg

Swaybar007.jpg