L76/L92 Intake manifold bolts

L76/L92 Intake manifold

L76/L92 Throttle body

Bellanger Headers

Procharger D-1SC

3.6" Pulley

258551643.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yep, it now has compression. I'd like to make a note for those considering Rhodes lifters, they require adjustable rocker arms. It now has GMPP lifters in it like I'd ordered originally and as soon as I get the new fuel pump to work, it'll start and run. This truck has tested and proven my personal rules to the extent of driving me nuts. My biggest rule is to change as little at one time as possible...

Either way, I'll post new underhood pic's later and hopefully start it this weekend.

When I finally get around to working on mine, I want to also go with a 6.0L using L92 heads. I don't plan on using any boost though.

What do you think a NA 6.0L L92 set up would run in the 1/4? I am down to do some beta testing:)

It's really tough to say, but a still streatable and yet stout setup could run in the low 13 to high 12. A normal daily driven setup should have no problem pulling off mid 13's though. Of course the same setup in my truck would run high 11 to low 12. With heads that good it would be easy to build something that will spin 6200 and be happy or 7000. I'd like to see an SSS with one of these sets of heads, mild cam, and the truck intake. Torque converter choice would also matter alot. I think that the lower rpm with these heads is going to be ok, but a stall of around 3000 or more would be what you wanted for good track numbers. A 2600 would be fine for the daily driven type though.

It's really tough to say, but a still streatable and yet stout setup could run in the low 13 to high 12. A normal daily driven setup should have no problem pulling off mid 13's though. Of course the same setup in my truck would run high 11 to low 12. With heads that good it would be easy to build something that will spin 6200 and be happy or 7000. I'd like to see an SSS with one of these sets of heads, mild cam, and the truck intake. Torque converter choice would also matter alot. I think that the lower rpm with these heads is going to be ok, but a stall of around 3000 or more would be what you wanted for good track numbers. A 2600 would be fine for the daily driven type though.

zippy if you want to see an SSS with one of these we will have to hook up next spring so we can start getting one together for mine,as long as we can build it to handle 16 psi!

We can do that, but I'd rather build it for big power on like 8-10psi. Big boost either requires a very loose converter for boost lag or quick boost and constant power enrichment when driving around.

We can do that, but I'd rather build it for big power on like 8-10psi. Big boost either requires a very loose converter for boost lag or quick boost and constant power enrichment when driving around.

I just want some low 11's high 10's without blowing it apart,and to idle.maybe a t56 too? we'll see!