Volant Air Intakes On eBay

Nightshift

I am not sure you ordered the right one...he has another listing for the SS with a different part # and a higher price. Not sure whether the SS needs the 15853 or 15953...Tbyrne says the former, his auction says the latter. I want one, but I want to know which one is correct first!

He emailed about whether I had an SS or not, I just replied to him.

People have been using the 15853, whether that just fits or if the 15953 is the correct #. I let him know there was some interest here.

I'll post what he says.

WW :cool:

I am not sure you ordered the right one...he has another listing for the SS with a different part # and a higher price.  Not sure whether the SS needs the 15853 or 15953...Tbyrne says the former, his auction says the latter.  I want one, but I want to know which one is correct first!

I got his reply, he said the 15953 is correct for the SS.

He's sending that one instead.

Actually the guy on eBay wasn't going to charge me the difference between the two. I emailed him to hold off on shipping untl we're sure which one.

He seems pretty cool, and his feedback is good.

I don't have the impression he's trying to pull something over on me.

I got a rent house project going on, I'll be out of pocket all day.

The SS is having to do some work for it's keep today. :smash:

...I wouldn't trust the guy on ebay either...

For the record, I meant trust him to know which one is correct...not that he would rip someone off. I plan on ordering one from him once I sort this out.

I will call them as soon as they open (12pm EST)...

Just got off the phone...here is the answer according to Volant Tech Support: 15953.

According to the gentleman I spoke with, the 15853 and the 15953 are identical kits. The 15953 is $10 more because it comes with "an extra seal" that the SS needs. Not sure where it goes, but that's our answer.

Who knew? eBay was right!

According to the gentleman I spoke with, the 15853 and the 15953 are identical kits.  The 15953 is $10 more because it comes with "an extra seal" that the SS needs.  Not sure where it goes, but that's our answer. 

Who knew?  eBay was right!

I called Volant too, talked to "T". The seal is at the throttle body, other then that they're the same.

Well back to a cold windy roof. :(

This was a good excuse to come home and warm up.

WW :smash:

I emailed the good folks at Volant and requested the part numbers for our trucks. The correct part number is 15953. They also stated that they are making a SS specific ram air tube, that should be ready in about two weeks! Just the Christmas present any SS owner would love to find under the tree! They also confirmed the extra seal explaining the 10.00 upcharge for the SS.

That's the one I'm going for! They quoted me an average gain of 12 horsepower with the system :cool: That makes the 345 HP of the truck plus 34.5 for the SC tuner, and 12 for the Volant ! Brings the SS total to 391.5 ! That's what I'm talking about! :thumbs: Now if it was only accurate.

Archived