When you purchase aftermarket engine performance parts, what do you ca

haulin79

When you purchase aftermarket engine performance parts, what do you care about improving the most?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. When you purchase aftermarket engine performance parts, what do you care about improving the most?

• Zero to 60 time
    • Quarter Mile time
    • Low to Mid RPM Torque
    • Mid to High RPM Horsepower
    • Miles Per Gallon
    • Other, please list.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
and i still have'nt installed my headers (6months and there still on the shelf)

Same here. I am still waiting for my garage to get finished. As soon as it is done, I'm installing those things. Then probably calling Wheatley.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I may be weird, but I'd rather have 550hp and run 10's than 1100hp and run the same. I was at the track one time, and there was a guy with a Supra that was bragging about his 900hp dyno. He was so proud of it, he carried it around in the car. I thought "900hp, that thing must be quick as hell..." Then he ran low 12's all afternoon. It definitely had power, but it wasn't being utilized correctly at all. I know that one gets to be a slippery slope though, because the question was about engine parts exclusively and power is only one component in good, consistent track times.

I guess, my answer would be all of the above, lol. I want what is going to give me the best MIX of power across the board. If you're only looking for low end torque, you miss out on the big end.... Just want high end, your torque is going to suffer. I went the route of over doing the top end on my last setup in my trans am, and it sucked unless I was at the track. Won't be making that mistake again. I definitely want what will give me the best power across the board. If that's done right, the 0-60, 1/4 mile and dyno will likely reflect.

Sorry, that was the most generic BS answer ever. :crackup: