Don't Like Your XM?

Horacio

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful I have work that Sirius is having financial issues and talks between them and XM is near a deal. XM has aprox 75% of the market and you know what happens to the weaker red headed step child who can't hold her own. Just want to let you know what is going around the financial market :confused:

Be careful I have work that Sirius is having financial issues and talks between them and XM is near a deal. XM has aprox 75% of the market and you know what happens to the weaker red headed step child who can't hold her own. Just want to let you know what is going around the financial market :confused:

Can you quote a source on this? I thought that both Sirius and XM were both doing well, having had a turn-around financially this year, offering healthy competion against each other.

And for what it is worth:

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/pr...IRI&siteID=mktw

My company (a part of it anyways) works directly w/ both XM and SIRIUS marketing / distribution and the inside word is that XM is going to propose the buy out soon. They have well beyond 75% of the market share and they cracked 1 million subscribers faster than any subscription service in the history of digital media. SIRIUS isn't bad, but they just got into the fight a little too late. Plus XM is expanding thier capacity and coverage continuously while SIRIUS hasn't grown at all since launch. Smart money says stick w/ XM if you've got it, if you don't: buy one of the new generation products ("The Roadie" reciever unit) they'll be compatible with all the new expanded services launching in about 12 months. :thumbs:

...and the inside word is that XM is going to propose the buy out soon. ...

Never will succeed. FTC will block it, just like was done with the proposed buy-out of DISH by DirecTV. Without competition, you have stagnation.

Archived