HID Conversion Kits

bgdsub72

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just finished installing my 6000K kit. pretty simple with exception to finding a good place to mount the ballasts. the kit appears to be a good quality and well sealed, the spelling on the package & manual are another story. :uhoh: i'm hoping they manufacture better than they spell.

What do you think of the lights, have you tried them at night??

I installed my kit today also, and seeing that I work nights I took a quick pic of them before I headed in. So far I like the light output (it's much better than the 6000K kit I had before), it just takes a few seconds for them to warm up fully.

4300HID_002.jpg

SilveradoSS28.jpg

Both pics were taken with the same camera on the exact same street.

Edited by 2006SilverSS (see edit history)

Impressive...I am gonna order a kit for my highs I would pick one up for my lows but I would blind people...and thankfully I am not now because of the shroud on mine. Its much brighter and farther than stock but they are not as high as the sylvanias were.

Colin you sell something around 3000k (or higher)? It would be great for heavy rain.....

I installed my kit today also, and seeing that I work nights I took a quick pic of them before I headed in. So far I like the light output (it's much better than the 6000K kit I had before), it just takes a few seconds for them to warm up fully.

4300HID_002.jpg

SilveradoSS28.jpg

Both pics were taken with the same camera on the exact same street.

damn the difference in those is INSANE, so did you just change the bulbs or the whole kit? if u changed the whole kit, do you think thats why theres such a big difference? im very interested, and plan on gettin HIDs as my next mod. first i was thinking about 8000, but heard they werent bright enough and were WAY too blue, but after seeing your 6000 they look like nothing? is that just a bad picture? it looks like a flash light would give more light than those 6000k. is there a big difference between the 6000k and the stock headlights? i cant get over how bright the 4300 is and how NOT bright the 6000k is.

damn the difference in those is INSANE, so did you just change the bulbs or the whole kit? if u changed the whole kit, do you think thats why theres such a big difference? im very interested, and plan on gettin HIDs as my next mod. first i was thinking about 8000, but heard they werent bright enough and were WAY too blue, but after seeing your 6000 they look like nothing? is that just a bad picture? it looks like a flash light would give more light than those 6000k. is there a big difference between the 6000k and the stock headlights? i cant get over how bright the 4300 is and how NOT bright the 6000k is.

I swapped out the whole kit since the bulbs from this one weren't plug and play with the other one I had. I have a feeling that maybe it was just the kit that I had before since others have said that the 6000K are fairly bright. I sent a PM to bgdsub72 today to see if it's possible to just get the 6000K bulbs for this set to see if there is a difference also.

As for a difference in the 6000K and stock... they were a nicer light where they projected to, it just wasn't very far. I stopped using the 6000K since I do mostly night driving and just weren't up to par for me. The pic of the 6000K that i posted didn't to the light to must justice.... but the projection distance was pretty much deak on. The 4300K are 10 times better than the 6000K.

thanks for all the info. i guess i want my cake and be able to eat it too. i want to have a blueish tint to my lights, nothing extreme, just a tint, but i also want them to be SUPER bright and be able to reach very far like your 4300k. apparently im living in a dream world

thanks for all the info. i guess i want my cake and be able to eat it too. i want to have a blueish tint to my lights, nothing extreme, just a tint, but i also want them to be SUPER bright and be able to reach very far like your 4300k. apparently im living in a dream world

Maybe not, you could always try the 5000K and see how those are... I thought about that also since a little blue tint would be nice.

What do you think of the lights, have you tried them at night??

they are a HUGE improvement over stock, i didn't get any pics last night but it looks NOTHING like the 6000K pics 2006SilverSS took. i'd guess he must have had a bad kit. the light pattern is the same as stock but visibility is way better and brighter. i'm even a little afraid of pulling up behind someone @ a stoplight.

Daaamnnn that is BLUE. Different companies give a bit difference in the light IMO. I will see if I can get a pic of my 8500k to post here.

take me a day or two though

they are a HUGE improvement over stock, i didn't get any pics last night but it looks NOTHING like the 6000K pics 2006SilverSS took. i'd guess he must have had a bad kit.

I wondered if maybe it was a bad kit, but since I didn't really have anything to compare them to, I couldn't. But the 4300K that I have in now rock. I already sent another PM to the same guy to see if it's possible to get the 6000K bulbs for this kit.

they are a HUGE improvement over stock, i didn't get any pics last night but it looks NOTHING like the 6000K pics 2006SilverSS took. i'd guess he must have had a bad kit. the light pattern is the same as stock but visibility is way better and brighter. i'm even a little afraid of pulling up behind someone @ a stoplight.

I'm pretty careful when I pull up behind people now. Unless, of course, I'm behind a Toyota or a Nissan. Then I line up my light with thier mirror and watch the reaction. :crazy:

I found a little better pic of the 6000K ones that is closer to what they really looked like. The 4300K are still much better light output though.

6000KHID_01.jpg

yea that picture looks a lot better than the other one, thanks.