HID Conversion Kits

bgdsub72

I am looking at a Xenon HID kit now and I posted it in the appearance sedtion but I was wanting the 8000K Deep Blue the site says 3100 Lumens can I get those from this guy for my 06 SSS? Some opinions on the choice of color please.

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking at a Xenon HID kit now and I posted it in the appearance sedtion but I was wanting the 8000K Deep Blue the site says 3100 Lumens can I get those from this guy for my 06 SSS? Some opinions on the choice of color please.

I had 8000k on my 04SSHD. The color takes a little getting used to, it is a purpleish blue. If that's the color you like then I can get it. I suggest a 6000k if you like that color and want a little more light output.

If your going more for looks then 8000K will probably look pretty nice, but if you want more function I would go either 4300K or 6000K.

2006silerss those look pretty wierd for being 6000k(the color). mine are very white and mine are 6000k. try a different brand of bulbs maybe that will help.

The pic doesn't really do justice to the light color... the pic looks much more blue.

whoa daym thats sounds like a slammin deal! i usually wouldnt even consider buyin this because it seems too good to be true, but since i see you have really good feedback and you're a true sss member, i'll prolly give it a go sometime. hope youre gonna have em in stock still next month cuz i have a lot of things goin on right now.. :banghead:

Edited by haul@ss (see edit history)

whoa daym thats sounds like a slammin deal! i usually wouldnt even consider buyin this because it seems too good to be true, but since i see you have really good feedback and you're a true sss member, i'll prolly give it a go sometime. hope youre gonna have em in stock still next month cuz i have a lot of things goin on right now.. :banghead:

I should have some next month as long as things work out with my supplier! :)

Quality of the bulb also gives a bit of variety to this discussion. Some of my friends thought since I had 8000k (philips) that it was a bit "baller". Not so, with start up they give that dark blue which I do not like...but after 20 seconds they become that bright white very comparable to a 6000k

However, if I were to choose everything again I would choose 6000k-4300k due to the higher lumens it provides.

this is a great deal...I am thinking about picking up some for my high beams 4300k... :)

Edited by Drako (see edit history)

Well, I clicked the Buy It Now for two sets (highs & lows) but stopped when the shipping came to $70 - can you explain why the shipping costs are so high? Will I be getting this next day air? or? :dunno:

Mr. P.

For our trucks the low beam is 9006 and high beam is 9005.

Thanks :thumbs: I went a head and orderd 6000K In a deep blue for my truck figured this was too good of a deal even with shipping to pass up. save like $300 almost

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

just ordered mine. how long till i get em? i may have a couple friends purchasing also.

also, other than the "additional notes" section in the payment screen there was no selection box for type & color. in case you don't get the note, i want 9006 / 6000K. PM'ed also.

thanks,

eric

just ordered mine. how long till i get em? i may have a couple friends purchasing also.

also, other than the "additional notes" section in the payment screen there was no selection box for type & color. in case you don't get the note, i want 9006 / 6000K. PM'ed also.

thanks,

eric

I noticed that as well so I put the info in the additional comments to the seller box.