(16) L92 Valve Spring Retainer 10166344 2.27

(16) LS1/L92 Valve Keeper 10166345 0.78

(8) L92 Exhaust Valve Rocker Arm 10214664 8.75

(1)L92 Valve Stem Seal Kit 12482063 16.15

(16)L92 Rocker Arm Bolt 12560961 3.87

(8) L92 Intake Valve Rocker Arm 12569167 8.75

(2) Cylinder Head, Bare, GM L92 12582714 175

(1) Intake Manifold, L76 / L92 Car, Bare Manifold 12590124 228.95

(8) L92 Intake Valve 12590771 14.57 (already have 1.60 or 1.65 exhaust valves that I will use)

(16) L92 Rocker Arm Support 12600936 6.87

(16) GM Performance Parts LS7 Valve Spring 12578457 7.84

(1) GM Performance Parts HP Hydraulic Roller Lifter Set for LS-Series Engines SD8689 217.85

Does anyone know the part number for the titainium retiainers from the LS7? There are other part numbers listed for LS7 on Scoggin D's website, but the description for many of them are not loaded to the site. Same goes for the injectors, anyone know the part #?

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll be your huckleberry

could you use 42lbs?? they might not be enough :confused:

what are your thoughts about intake?? will you have to change the water pump ?

could you use the truck intake?

what about cam?

I have been looking at this set up too, are your still 6.0L?

i'll be your huckleberry

could you use 42lbs?? they might not be enough :confused:

what are your thoughts about intake?? will you have to change the water pump ?

could you use the truck intake?

what about cam?

I have been looking at this set up too, are your still 6.0L?

42's *should* be enough with an adjustable regulator ('03's are return system at the manifold). I haven't done the calculations yet to see what I will need.

I can't decide on intake, carb style or the L76 one.

I will use a replacement water pump with the newer style thermostat (with a replacement 160-180 stat). I will modify the outlet with the help of a friend that has the drill/taps/etc to make the huge threads needed to plug one opening and put an outlet on the other. My friend does fire sprinkler fittings and has all of the right tools to do that.

Cam is a custom grind that I got barely used off of MWalls a long time ago. I can't remember the duration or lift numbers exactly right now, but it's around 232 and .601 if I remember right.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

If you get pics of the water pump before/after, that would be helpful to the rest of us - pretty please? :)

Mr. P. :)

I borrowed these, but they look good compaired to the little stubby piece I have seen where it comes toward the front of the truck. And the pic for zippy shows how the NNBS water pump might be the best.

post-2566-1176470978_thumb.jpg

post-2566-1176470991_thumb.jpg

post-2566-1176471943_thumb.jpg

I am interested in how you are going to switch from the 78mm to 90mm throttle body?? Wiring changes???

The 90mmTB swaps have been well documented by others. Basically an '02 TAC module and a wiring adapter that someone makes, or you can splice in a tail if you can find an '02 with traction control to swipe it from.

If you get pics of the water pump before/after, that would be helpful to the rest of us - pretty please? :)

Mr. P. :)

I'll be copying what I saw over on performancetrucks.net where a guy tapped in his own hose bung using black iron pipe and I believe it was 1 1/4" threads or so. As mentioned now though there will probably be a better option using the new '07 WP with it's new placement for the upper pipe.

the truck intake is like $260...and there is a guy who ports them...Now can I get a ported on and test the flow...no :banghead:

but it could make it easier?? How much will the truck intake choke the truck?? to the point of it not being worth it to switch over??? How does your cam selection change if you had these heads???

the truck intake is like $260...and there is a guy who ports them...Now can I get a ported on and test the flow...no :banghead:

but it could make it easier?? How much will the truck intake choke the truck?? to the point of it not being worth it to switch over??? How does your cam selection change if you had these heads???

I think you need the L76 intake with those 92 heads anyway.

Either way, the truck intake starts to suck over 5000. If you're staying NA and you want to make power, ditch the cathedral.

I think you need the L76 intake with those 92 heads anyway.

Either way, the truck intake starts to suck over 5000. If you're staying NA and you want to make power, ditch the cathedral.

the are L76 intake for the car and the L92 intake for the truck.

But how much more are are you flowing @ 5000 rpms, yea its choked off but with how much these flow you wont have to have too much lift with the cam...I guess I am leaning toward building debendability, so If i dont rev tjhat high or use that high of a lift I can keep the GM springs??

And the guy I was talking to did port the truck intake, bnut I dont have any results to see how much he gained by porting a truck intake, I am guessing not much.

You will lose alot of top end power by going with the L92 truck intake, the whole reason for going this route. I'm going this route as well now.

SS boon...can you point me in the right direction for the 90mm swap? Thats the only piece of the puzzle I dont have figured out yet. I have a machine shop that can help with the water pump. I am going to fab my own intake tube from 3.5" polished aluminum to go to my outlaw intake using silicon couplers. I am having someone help me with the plumbing for the fuel system/fuel rails.

• 2 weeks later...