The new GMC Sierra Denali

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our local GMC dealer had 1 of each color come in. All 3 were sold within 2 days of hitting the pavement, and none were presales.

They let me drool over the black one they had. Nice truck...IMO it needs a 3/4 drop to be complete. They are huge and tall!

ive personally driven the new sierra denali, (my dad has a fully loaded black on black), and i wasnt that impressed. i dont think it is any faster than my truck, and all i have is a volant intake on mine. maybe the 2wd is faster than the AWD (his is AWD), but maybe its just better top end.

other than that, the truck is pretty awesome. it sits real high tho, and the cab is ALOT bigger than mine.

good luck on gettin ur hands on one.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you think a good tune,Intake and exhaust system will make a big diffrence on this truck???
i think the tuning will take some time the basic stuff will work , but i think the real fun is when they unlock the new DOD and we can start tweaking on that.

i had all the papers drawed up for a 07 denali but jumped on a new 06 denali for 35k, while the power on teh 07 is great its nothing that a maggie or l92 heads couldnt get you, plus the new look hasnt gorwn on me just yet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I saw a couple around town and they look real good to me.

I have had my 07 GMC vortec max for about 3 months now. I had it on a dyno and had the govenor taken out and the TQ limiting program modified as well. I got 50 more ftlbs from low rpms up to about 4.5 grand. I have 300 give or take at the rear wheels for both Hp and torque. I'm getting ready to put an outlaw cold air kit on and headers with highflow cats. I'm going to have a stock 07 denali catback exhaust put on her to get the larger dia. pipe with hopefully a more "stock" sound. Any advice would be a help....still waiting for a supercharger company to get off their ass and make one for ME.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My older brother bought his a few weeks ago. He let me drive it, and I'll have to say that the truck is fast. Even though it's the awd version the take off is slow a little, and I do mean just a little(probably cause of the weight). But once you get that L92 pass 3000 rpm, it really comes alive. :D You can tell that the motor loves to stay in the higher rpm range kinda like the GTO. He's already put a set of magnaflows on it and it sounds great. The truck is a beast out the box already, and after a couple bolt on's it'll be down right nasty. :thumbs:

Well I've been driving mine for 6 weeks now. Its fast. Faster than my SS for sure (both stock). The motor rocks, the transmission is great, but I definately feel the height difference, needs a lower C of G. My SS had a sportier feel though, the ride/suspension feels a little soft compared to the SS, but I do have the 18's on it still, got my 20s coming (couldn't justify paying $2000 extra for such heavy wheels).

I drove my SS much more aggressively than I drive the Denali, we'll see after a couple inches of drop and new wheel/tire combo.