Installing Corvette Servo

misterp

Awesome find! I've been looking at doing this a bit but had no idea what I was doing lol. On a side note where can i get the Servo? Do auto part stores sell them or do I have to get it online? thanks guys! :thumbs:

i installed my shiftkit and servo this weekend and wanted offer a little insite. you first remove the 4th servo by taking out a compression ring and prying (don't be too gentle) out the servo, this is where the blue o ring seal often breaks. all of the springs servos and rings slide upon a rod. you must remove each piece one at a time. it is helpful to remove the actual servos, one half at a time because of clearance issues. there is another compression ring that holds a cover plate witha spring inside against the second servo there is a spring behind this plate but it and the rod donot need to be removed. to reinstall everything, just makesure to put everthing back in the right order, flush and pry back on the servos forcing them to seat all the way. this install doesn't take a lot of time if you know the idea of whats going on. also if possible lift the passenger side of the truck up higher than the drivers side if you are only installing the servos. i checked my ATF fluid level after replacing the servo and springs and the amount of fluid i lost was negligable. As far as the shift kit goes, get a lift if at all possible drain the fluid, take your time and make sure you follow your directions very closely. it is a bad idea to get sidetracked as you can lose your place. but the difference in the tranny performance is very noticeable. i can't complain!

If I may add - on the large blue o-ring that seals the cover: when you remove the main snap ring you will be able to pull the servo housing cover back about 3/8" and then the blue o-ring will hang-up in the snap ring retainer groove; what I did was to grab the o-ring with a pair of needle-nose pliers and cut it, then pull it completely from the transmission (the cover will then come out easily).

Mr. P. :)

If I may add - on the large blue o-ring that seals the cover: when you remove the main snap ring you will be able to pull the servo housing cover back about 3/8" and then the blue o-ring will hang-up in the snap ring retainer groove; what I did was to grab the o-ring with a pair of needle-nose pliers and cut it, then pull it completely from the transmission (the cover will then come out easily).

Mr. P. :)

thats what i did and it work great

• 3 months later...

does a shift kit servos and stall help hold up the stock tranny or is it not good to do to the stock trans? i have blown my stock trans 2 times in 2 years and dont know what to do to make it stronger any suggestions??

In most cases, the shift kit and servos will void the warranty. If you have a warranty, wait until it expires to install the stuff...its ultimately up to you. No one can give you the absolutism you are seeking. These trannies grenade behind stock motors for no reason at 40k miles and in other cases will last 100k miles behind high hp applications. You've blown two trannies, Holty hasnt blown his up yet even with a supercharger. Mr P has blown his, I havent yet...knock on wood...Shift kits and servos in theory will provide longer life, but nothing is 100%.