370 engine build

04CHASE

one word dude, WOW, that thing looks so bad ass. i dont even know what else to say, i feel like im in the presence of greatness. i think it goes with out saying, but im going to say it anyways, we need pictures of it once that baby is in the truck

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

besides from costing alot of green and being alot of work . none yet. but the whole fuel system isnt done yet i think there will be some obsticals to oversome but nothing impossible.

Damn Chase.. that thing is going to be straight BAD ASS. Period.

Are you planning on keeping this thing as a daily driver? I would think that by keeping the AWD and the 65E would make this a track only beast (bring-your-own-tow-truck) setup.. I just cant see the 65E spinning at 6800+ RPMs.. hitting the 1-2 shift... and the input or output shaft holding down 700+ HP without a major shatter of the internal parts... I know I keep raining on the parade with this tranny crap.. but damn, get ready to open that wallet up to make this thing a daily driver.

Cant wait to see it in action bro !

Damn Chase.. that thing is going to be straight BAD ASS. Period.

Are you planning on keeping this thing as a daily driver? I would think that by keeping the AWD and the 65E would make this a track only beast (bring-your-own-tow-truck) setup.. I just cant see the 65E spinning at 6800+ RPMs.. hitting the 1-2 shift... and the input or output shaft holding down 700+ HP without a major shatter of the internal parts... I know I keep raining on the parade with this tranny crap.. but damn, get ready to open that wallet up to make this thing a daily driver.

Cant wait to see it in action bro !

like i said im not really worried about it. ive become good friends with kendall at the toy shop so it wil run , how many times i cant say but rebuilds wont be too bad. i priced out the 80 swap and im lookign in the neighbor hood of 6k for the swap for a built 80 with driveshafts and all. plus it will be faster with the 65e . right now im just tryign to get it to run.

Hypothetically speaking if you only drove it on the track and sunday cruises maybe some street races to show off, how long you think the 65e will last? Expecially with the numbers you want being practically the same i want at the wheels. Imma let you figure out what going to happen and ill learn from your input. What you got left to get it running?

well i dont plan to murder it on the street. there will never be nitrous on it on the street and i will have a different tune and pulley for the street. it will run about 11-12 psi on the street and 14-15 at the track.

right now im waiting on the intake manifold , it was sent out about a week ago to get nitrous bars installed. after that i can put about everything on , i need to run the fuel lines , mount the tank, bolt on the manifold drill and tap the elbow for vacuum lines and evap and all of that needs to be plummed. then bolt on all of the acceroies all the blower stuff. now that i think about it there is about a weekend full of shit to do. after that im going to take it to the trans shop to get checked out and have a small leak fixed. then take it to the engine builder to get some pics and check the hea dbolts. then run it for about 500 miles and get tuned.

ok Chase,

I'm leaving for a week on Saturday, I want that thing running when i get back in 10 days :jester:

take your time and do it right, there's no need to cut corners when you have all that time and MONEY invested in your truck, so I guess I wont be all that disappointed if its not running when i get back :)