Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDATE:

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

short block is together. the head gaskets will be here friday from cometic they are .060 thick to make the final compression ration 9.20-1. last step will be to determine what push rod legnth i will need. this motor will spin to 7k all day but ill limti it to about 6800 rpms.

yeah keeping the awd would be nice. but even converting to 2wd isnt the easiest. i know if i did the 80 e swap then id have to worry about the front and rear diffs. and possibly the transfer case. but ill try my luck with this 65e and mayeb one more. i know there will be a few new parts available that should be out in a year or so to allow for more power through the 65.

yeah keeping the awd would be nice. but even converting to 2wd isnt the easiest. i know if i did the 80 e swap then id have to worry about the front and rear diffs. and possibly the transfer case. but ill try my luck with this 65e and mayeb one more. i know there will be a few new parts available that should be out in a year or so to allow for more power through the 65.

you could always pick up a religion and start donating to a charity...maybe karma can get you through it. you know....those hopes and dreams

that and money :D good luck with it, I hope it will stay mild enough for a Daily, it would be ashame for that to just sit around all week and you have to drive the accord :)

I feel your excitement Chase. I'm peicing together my el camino that i've had for almost 4 years, hopefully it'll be running this weekend and maybe, just maybe driving it next weekend (woot woot)

the longblock looks amazing, the finished product should look great too. I wouldn't expect anything less from you, everything done with your truck has been top notch. :thumbs: Are you gonna put some of those spiffy GMPP valve covers on?

well i saw the short block all finished up yesterday , i dropped off the new knock sensors, o ring intake gaskets , the vic jr, and a few bolts. im still waiting on the head gaskets. they were custom ordered from cometic and are taking forever. as soon as i get those i can put the heads on and order the push rods. that iwll be the last thing. im still in need of a 90mm tb and the harness but those are on the way soon. it sucks though i really want to put a date on the start up but parts keep delaying me. not to mention ive been busy moving and tryign to get all of the stuff at my new place set up. hopefully new picture to come tommorrow.

well i saw the short block all finished up yesterday , i dropped off the new knock sensors, o ring intake gaskets , the vic jr, and a few bolts. im still waiting on the head gaskets. they were custom ordered from cometic and are taking forever. as soon as i get those i can put the heads on and order the push rods. that iwll be the last thing. im still in need of a 90mm tb and the harness but those are on the way soon. it sucks though i really want to put a date on the start up but parts keep delaying me. not to mention ive been busy moving and tryign to get all of the stuff at my new place set up. hopefully new picture to come tommorrow.

project after project......... :D

Chase that looks badass!! :thumbs: You have been doing some fantastic work..... I dont even want to know what kind of $$$ you are droppin gin that thing.... either way at least someone knows how to spend thier loot. Wait.........ur not gonna throw some "26 on their next week are you??? heheheh

post-7087-1175821258_thumb.jpg

to be honest i have thought about 24's but i already have 22's that cant be had anymore so i like being unique( except that wizard fella) but thanks for the compliments guys i cant wait to drive it again. the hoopty isnt cutting it anymore. i can hardly even get chicks attention anymore. :seeya:

well another set back , i though the original oil pan made it out ok but no. it had a hairline crack and you could only see it when you put in the oil rerturn line . so i had to get another oil pan. im still waiting on the rest of this shit. :banghead: