Engine parts coming together

04CHASE

The intake looks pretty trick. Are sure it's gonna work? If so, I need to get me one of those!

why wouldnt it? turbobeserker already has one. the itnake elbow makes it possible. the only thing that even worries me is the boost tube on the vortech going over it. but thats why i had them make it to the truck intake specs. i aslo have to drill and tap it for vacuum fittings. im moving this weekend so i should hav epics of the fuel system in the next few weeks.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got the intake back from the polisher , it has an intake port where the polished a bit much so im going to have it checked before i ship it to nitro daves for the nitrous bar install.

it does look awesome though

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

its little hole in the wall shop here in riverside. J&M gets all of their intakes polished there. thats who recomeneded them to me. it wasnt cheap though. 200 bones.

That's probably not that bad, considering the amount of labor that's involved ... they probably spent at least 2 or 3 hours on it, no? :dunno:

That's probably not that bad, considering the amount of labor that's involved ... they probably spent at least 2 or 3 hours on it, no? :dunno:

more than that , there was alot of work done for sure.

Yeah there is days of work involved in polishing a manifold and $200 isn't bad for the job they did.

:withstupid: I've polished intakes like that in the past and charged about the same money and it took pretty much the entire weekend to get perfect. High power 1/4" electric die grinder and about 200 bucks worth of sanding and polishing bits (enough bits to fill the bench). All of those tight spaces REALLY suck! I'll tell you what, it's worth every penny for someone else to do it these days. I will never, ever ever ever, do another intake like that myself. I'll stick to polishing old TPI intakes for Ebay, they're so much easier...

Chase, engine is looking HOT man! Are you going to powder coat anything under there to contrast with the polishing?

Chase what would you say you had into your fuel system if you don't mind. I'm trying to decide if I should just get the twin bucket set up from lonnies and piece the rest of the system together myself or just purchase the whole kit.

with the intake and rails and all the little bs it was around 1700. thats also with the twin bucket from lonnie.

im also having to buy more fittign here and there.

btw the intake is also good to go. just had it hot tanked to get rid of the rouge.