Intimidator SS from NY - whats up all

ReyRock

Hey Kyle, check this out and see if you think a shock sensor would fit behind the glass.

It takes a fair amount of force to pop the mirror out of the bracket which may be enough to trip a sensor

Caution to anyone who tries to remove the glass, don't flex it too much and crack it like I did to the old one I removed

MirrorManual.pdf

couldnt get it it work. but i do know that sensors are small. i install them on alot of things. i got the idea from a company in boston called sound in motion that we have done a little busniess with in the past. they started puting them behind hid lights in bmw's ext becuase they were easly stolen. so i decided to put them behind other things. i wanted to put one behind my radio like a screen when i get one ( which might be soon). and a couple weeks ago put them in a contruction truck, on the side doors that had one long bar to lock them all, put one on that. but i believe mirrors would also work. i have done police vechiles in the past where i needed to disasembl many mirrors to put strobes in. and they had some room!! also from experience,like stated above if you remove your mirrors dont bend them to much. i had one shoot across the shop in 2 peices...wasnt fun. if anyone wants to try this, fell free to contact me and ill see how i can help. i do know you will need a aftermarket alarm to make things go WAY easeir. to conect the shock sensor to plus the wires are tiny so you will have room, the only thing i can see having a problem with in when the mirror closes and when you move it. but you learn from your mistakes. maybe ill go get a junk mirror and try it out,~~Kyle

I've got one from an '02 suburban, same mirror minus turn signal. It's kinda busted but keeping it for spare parts just in case.

If you do follow up on this and find that you can't get one cheap enough, I could loan you this one

the attachment above is a PDF file, you got Adobe?

Edited by Joe Cool (see edit history)

no i just got my comp back from the tech guy and i dont have adobe yet. i will need it soon, just want to get a clean download, sick of viruis. and thanks about the miror but ill get one here if i do decided to try it out, i know it wont be hard, just a pita to remove the glass

• 4 weeks later...