Intimidator SS from NY - whats up all

ReyRock

Hi all, I'm new here and have a beauitful 06 Intimidator SS. I've had it for several months now (since August 06) and always anxious to jump in and take a spin every time.

Here's a question:

I became the unfortunate victim of theft where they made off with the glass portion of my power mirrors :mad: . I don't know if all SS's have the same power mirrors with the signal light on the glass - like the Cadillac Escalades - but mine did and some SOB swiped them. They're 300 **@ dollars each at the dealer :eek: (JUST THE GLASS). Before I replace them I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any anti-theft guard thats available since these things are obviously so easy to take. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to being here often.

Love the site guys!

Thanx

ReyRock

well welcome to the site, sorry about our mirrors. another member here recently had his stolen, except his were the whole enitre asembly. i really dont know of a theift deterent. how much space is behind the glass?? never taken one apart. enough room for a shock senors? just set it on its lowest settiing so that only prying of the mirror would set it off and have the alarm go off.

first off welcome, and second,

well welcome to the site, sorry about our mirrors. another member here recently had his stolen, except his were the whole enitre asembly. i really dont know of a theift deterent. how much space is behind the glass?? never taken one apart. enough room for a shock senors? just set it on its lowest settiing so that only prying of the mirror would set it off and have the alarm go off.

This might work, not familiar with the size of the sensor, but there is some room behind the glass.

The glass snaps into the motor assembly and can be popped out w/ a screwdriver

Yes welcome to the site, and if there isnt a way to secure them go onto ebay, theres a guy that sell them for 110 a set with heat and blinker in em, y pay the dealer price, I actually bought some from him for my brothers silverado, casue he liked mine on the SSS so much, I will see if I can find him 4 u if u want.

Yes welcome to the site, and if there isnt a way to secure them go onto ebay, theres a guy that sell them for 110 a set with heat and blinker in em, y pay the dealer price, I actually bought some from him for my brothers silverado, casue he liked mine on the SSS so much, I will see if I can find him 4 u if u want.

They are probably his own he would be buying back!!! My theft deterrent is a garage.

WOW that's a great idea! I'm going to look into this.

Are they after market? If you can find him pls let me know I'd appreciate that greatly thanx

welcome fellow New Yorker, are you from the Long Island area???

:cheers:

Yes are you? I'm in Valley Stream. where are you?

Are they after market? If you can find him pls let me know I'd appreciate that greatly thanx

I would love to put her in the garage but I have a 68 Camaro I'm working on and a 69 camaro in there - no room but I'm going to get a cover for her. Thanx guys.

I am in Ronkonkoma, it seems that our numbers here in NY are growing............... :driving:

Hi all, I'm new here and have a beauitful 06 Intimidator SS. I've had it for several months now (since August 06) and always anxious to jump in and take a spin every time.

Here's a question:

I became the unfortunate victim of theft where they made off with the glass portion of my power mirrors :mad: . I don't know if all SS's have the same power mirrors with the signal light on the glass - like the Cadillac Escalades - but mine did and some SOB swiped them. They're 300 **@ dollars each at the dealer :eek: (JUST THE GLASS). Before I replace them I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any anti-theft guard thats available since these things are obviously so easy to take. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to being here often.

Love the site guys!

Thanx

ReyRock

I got mine stolen about 2 weeks ago ...down here in the Rio Grande Valley Texas...

Good thing is that i got a great deal on both of them...I got the 2 for $350.00 from a friend in Monterrey, Mexico

I'm also getting some edge covers for that gap so that they won't steal them again..By the way, this are brand new

and have the signal light on them...if you want more info you can call me at work 956-843-7788 my name is Eliud V.

or you can email me at [email protected]...

Glad to help...

Edited by silverado05ss (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I've never heard of someone stealing mirrors. WOW some people are desperate and pathetic. I'll keep an eye out on mine but I live in medium/smaller city with hardly no crime so I think im ok. Believe me If i had a garage id park in it but i dont.