So, Will there Be a new SS Silverado Soon?

With them closing up plants to build trucks and high gas prices i dont see them doing a SS.And the ss compact cars and space camaro.I dont think they got it anymore.There not going to make any thing cool but the vette but its hard to screw up after 50 years.(But they might on the C7) 1993 was the last real sport truck but yet you put SS on a cobalt what a joke.ZR1 was fine ,corvette SS dumb!I have had alot chevys but they dont make any thing i like anymore.I hate dodge but honestly the challenger looks better then the camaro. Im just venting!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have seen the new Camaro in person. It looks really good to me. The only thing is guys the manufactors keep building vehicles heavier and heavier. The Challenger weighs over 4000 pounds. That's just too heavy for 400 horsepower in a car to be a heavy hitter on the street without doing some serious power. JMO

• 1 month later...
I have seen the new Camaro in person. It looks really good to me. The only thing is guys the manufactors keep building vehicles heavier and heavier. The Challenger weighs over 4000 pounds. That's just too heavy for 400 horsepower in a car to be a heavy hitter on the street without doing some serious power. JMO

Unfortunately the Silverado SS is dead and will stay that way....unless GM really pulls drastically through their economic down fall.

You can always build your own....if you really think about it, we pretty much change out everything on them anyways. Though you still have the fan club that will only do the basic bolt ons. It really is just unfortunate for us all.

Now, on the Camaro thing, these are probably kids stating their opinions. The Challenger is nice, but it is not put together all that well.

Have any of you read the Car and Driver reviews?? Even within the Challenger review it was dogged by the statement of the Camaro being a much better build and styled car than the Challenger.

I'm sorry, but unless any of you guys have driven or driven in a Challenger, then you have no idea what everyone is talking about.

The outside of the car looks great, but only shows old school appearance. Unfortunately that look doesn't appeal to everyone.

Then get in, the seats are huge, and uncomfortable (at least the SRT8 Version's are). Take a look around at the interior parts. It only reminds you of the Chrysler 300 and the Charger. No unique styling inside what-so-ever. Not for a $40K+ fricken price tag!

Then there is the heft. The car is heavy. The engine has to work to push this car. It has some torque, but not what would have been expected.

The In The Seat of The Pants meter was reading a 6 in my opinion.

If Dodge would shed some weight on this beast and revamp the interior to of a more personal "Challenger" only styling, then you would have a great car worthy of the $40K+ price tag!

Hell, just lower the price of the SRT8 version to around $34K and call it a day!

GET THE FACTS BEFORE YOU POST GUYS!

J

• 5 months later...
Unfortunately the Silverado SS is dead and will stay that way....unless GM really pulls drastically through their economic down fall.

You can always build your own....if you really think about it, we pretty much change out everything on them anyways. Though you still have the fan club that will only do the basic bolt ons. It really is just unfortunate for us all.

Now, on the Camaro thing, these are probably kids stating their opinions. The Challenger is nice, but it is not put together all that well.

Have any of you read the Car and Driver reviews?? Even within the Challenger review it was dogged by the statement of the Camaro being a much better build and styled car than the Challenger.

I'm sorry, but unless any of you guys have driven or driven in a Challenger, then you have no idea what everyone is talking about.

The outside of the car looks great, but only shows old school appearance. Unfortunately that look doesn't appeal to everyone.

Then get in, the seats are huge, and uncomfortable (at least the SRT8 Version's are). Take a look around at the interior parts. It only reminds you of the Chrysler 300 and the Charger. No unique styling inside what-so-ever. Not for a $40K+ fricken price tag!

Then there is the heft. The car is heavy. The engine has to work to push this car. It has some torque, but not what would have been expected.

The In The Seat of The Pants meter was reading a 6 in my opinion.

If Dodge would shed some weight on this beast and revamp the interior to of a more personal "Challenger" only styling, then you would have a great car worthy of the $40K+ price tag!

Hell, just lower the price of the SRT8 version to around $34K and call it a day!

GET THE FACTS BEFORE YOU POST GUYS!

J

yeah you need to get your facts straight!!

yeah its a heavy car BUT the car is sick... starting from the outside its untouchable as far as looks go its got that retro look to it like the camaro. i dont know what your talking about when you say its too big inside, the last thing i want to be is cramped inside a car ,you must be a small person. as far as pick up the thing rolls out and in a hurry. the car cant keep the tires on the ground and is faster then my supercharged truck stock, you add a lil spray or a blower to the thing you have a high 11's low 12's car just like that.

hands down the car is sweet and thats comming from a chevy guy my brother owns a srt8 challenger and has let me driven it plenty of times .the car sounds mean, has some of the best braking power i have ever felt in a car "4 piston brimbos", the power is more then enough "425hp" "redlines at 6400rpms", the price tag is a lil more then the ss camaro "about 8k more" lil more than what i would like to spend but it keeps all the teenie boppers from driving them but if you got the money it doesnt matter you just need to stay within your price range but its a sweet car. the camaros are very nice looking also from the out side ,i havent drivin one yet but i saw a yellow ss at the track and it ran a 14.1 i dont know what was up with that ill give the car the benifit and blame it on the driver :fingersx: .

yeah you need to get your facts straight!!

yeah its a heavy car BUT the car is sick... starting from the outside its untouchable as far as looks go its got that retro look to it like the camaro. i dont know what your talking about when you say its too big inside, the last thing i want to be is cramped inside a car ,you must be a small person. as far as pick up the thing rolls out and in a hurry. the car cant keep the tires on the ground and is faster then my supercharged truck stock, you add a lil spray or a blower to the thing you have a high 11's low 12's car just like that.

hands down the car is sweet and thats comming from a chevy guy my brother owns a srt8 challenger and has let me driven it plenty of times .the car sounds mean, has some of the best braking power i have ever felt in a car "4 piston brimbos", the power is more then enough "425hp" "redlines at 6400rpms", the price tag is a lil more then the ss camaro "about 8k more" lil more than what i would like to spend but it keeps all the teenie boppers from driving them but if you got the money it doesnt matter you just need to stay within your price range but its a sweet car. the camaros are very nice looking also from the out side ,i havent drivin one yet but i saw a yellow ss at the track and it ran a 14.1 i dont know what was up with that ill give the car the benifit and blame it on the driver :fingersx: .

Facts straight?? Hmmm... they are pretty straight...in my opinion.

I drove my brother in laws black on black 6.1 HEMI Challenger. Yes it is fast, but not nearly as fast as I thought it would be. The weight is a major factor.

Also, I'm not small, I'm just perfect! IMO. 210lbs. The seats are too big, not the inside overall room. The seats look like large leather reclining chairs that belong in your house or for your office chair. They are very bulky looking and are not comfortable. They are very stiff, way too firm. No plushness or sport like feeling to them. Just too hard. If I had hemorrhoids...lol....I'd probably have to sell the car if I had to sit in them every day.

Yes, the car looks sick...from the outside, but the interior is very lacking. Even the Car and Driver magazine had some of the same comments as I felt about the car.

Facts are pretty on que my friend. Of course, since the world is opinionated, someone else could always dissagree.....

Jim

Challenger is better than that "Thing" of a Camaro.... :wtf:

better in what way. Better at being heavier than the 5th gen. Better at being slower than the 5th gen last but not least better at being a pos dodge that my 5300 pound truck out runs lol

Both the new Camaro and new Challenger have their charm, I am not all that warm & fuzzy for either one. However, the Camaro is a FAR better platform to work from - stock they run 13.4, add CAI and change shift points they run 12.9. The new Camaro will be a bolt-on wondercar, add converter + exhaust + tune and the Challenger's won't have any chance IMO.

Mr. P.

Well just do the next best thing.. go to a dealer and order vmax they come in extended cab and four door for a 6.2L, or a 6.0 single cab. same thing as the SS but not like the one they say might come out (427) :fingersx: that would be the day.

• 2 weeks later...