So, Will there Be a new SS Silverado Soon?

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Bruiser04 I also want a gas guzzling, tire shredding V-8 in a newer body style, but I'm keeping my 06, Bullet is a great truck and very useful...

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead.

Put me on the list as well. Who doesn't want a gas guzzling, tire-shredding (and don't forget smog-belching) beast of a truck. Unfortunately, I don't think we can look forward to one any time soon. I can't even find a Colorado with a 5.3 within 250 miles!

What happened to the new SS?

Edited by Parrydise7 (see edit history)

Linky no worky, for me at least.

Link now works, but it is for a 2013 Silverado. I don't think I can wait quite that long.

I stocked up on the parts to convert a dry-sump 427 to a wet-sump (including what was advertised as the very last spacer from Scoggin-Dickey), but I would much rather buy it from the factory than do that conversion. Converted a 1985 Camaro from carb to fi and learned my lesson. Never again.

If there is a 2012 SS Silverado it should start shipping soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

Link now works, but it is for a 2013 Silverado. I don't think I can wait quite that long.

I stocked up on the parts to convert a dry-sump 427 to a wet-sump (including what was advertised as the very last spacer from Scoggin-Dickey), but I would much rather buy it from the factory than do that conversion. Converted a 1985 Camaro from carb to fi and learned my lesson. Never again.

If there is a 2012 SS Silverado it should start shipping soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well whenever they decide to come out with one, I will be about 5 years behind.. Just like the 06 i JUST purchased... LOL money is tight nopity.gif

Start Drooling,

chevy_corvette_z06_engine1.jpg

http://pricinginsider.carsdirect.com/2011/01/14/2013-chevy-silverado-to-receive-dramatic-redesign/

Just speculation right now of course but what IF!

Would be cool, but not going to happen at least for now

According to GMinsidenews.com The Silverado is going to be re designed for the 2014 model year along with the Tahoe/ Suburban/ Yukon/ Escalade Etc...

Looking to 2013

No way is there going to be a 2012 SS when the whole truck is going to be re designed for 2014

Here is whats up for the 2012 Model year, only minor changes from 2011 and NO Performance Option!

Chevrolet 2012 Trucks

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Well whenever they decide to come out with one, I will be about 5 years behind.. Just like the 06 i JUST purchased... LOL money is tight nopity.gif

Me to man. If only a Vmax or ss could be traded straight across for a brand new version that would be the day GM wouldprove they can be generous

• 3 months later...