Raced a Vortec MaX

huero626

[The guy with the Vortec Max said he was limited to 100mph. Are all trucks limited to 100mph?

It depends on the tires that came with the truck. If he ordered 20" rims, he had tires rated for a higher speed, so his limiter might kick in at 100. I ordered mine with 17" rims and offroad tires. I could not even hit 90 with my stock tune. It crapped out around 89 MPH. Since the re-tune, I hit about 110 on the dyno, so I know it will do that.

Mike

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[The guy with the Vortec Max said he was limited to 100mph. Are all trucks limited to 100mph?

It depends on the tires that came with the truck. If he ordered 20" rims, he had tires rated for a higher speed, so his limiter might kick in at 100. I ordered mine with 17" rims and offroad tires. I could not even hit 90 with my stock tune. It crapped out around 89 MPH. Since the re-tune, I hit about 110 on the dyno, so I know it will do that.

Mike

So it depends on the tires to what your are limited at? I got 17 inch rims with the stock General Ameritrac tires. And the guy with the Vortec Max has the same rims and he has Bridgestone tires. So should we be limited to around the same mph?

Has any SS or Vortec Max raced a 5.3L here?

Yeah... I have :lol: I was wondering to myself if he was trying until i talked to him and he said he was in it the whole time... after I let out of it to let him catch up, then he was history... (this was all from about a 10mph roll to 60) :crackup:

Matched a AWD SS from a dig huh? I bet you can keep up with John Force too.

give the guy a break, I doubt he would come to SILVERADOSS.COM and start some shit with a 5.3L truck... alot of this could be the driver too... believe it or not but some people cant drive very well, and others can drive exceptionally well.

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

I say if you managed to whoop a V-max and you claim you have kept up with an SS off the line, then you should be proud of yourself, but quit racing while you are ahead. My truck before my SS was an 05 z-71 with the 5.3 HO, I had a custom tune done to that truck, and it would never be anywhere close to what my SS is. You seem pretty cool, but honestly, to beat a V-max that was trying is a pretty damn good feat. Just don't let this go to your head, and just be prepared that the next time you line up with a v-max you may get your ass handed to you.

Has any SS or Vortec Max raced a 5.3L here?

I have.... no contest, but he was begging for it. I suggest you go find a vmax at a dealer and test drive it... then think to yourself "is my truck really this fast?"

And I had my vmax up to and over a hundred before my tune :dunno: maybe like 105 I never felt the governer... since the tune 115 and still had some in it too... the air is a little thinner here in denver :rolleyes: