VOTE NOW - all members or sss owners only?

Holty

Vote for eligibility  

165 members have voted

1. 1. which trucks should be allowed?

• Silverado SS owners ONLY
    • Silverado SS's, VHO's, and VMAX's ONLY
    • All GM trucks including clones, tbss, etc

I'm sorry if my "little subforum" came off wrong ... I didn't mean that in a derogitory manner.

Fact of the matter ... when Jon first showed pics of his VHO ... I absolutely loved it ... amazing looking truck

I'm not saying they aren't worthy or anything ... just saying everyone plays .... or only the original plays.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should be open to anyone who is a member of this site. There are a lot of nice trucks here that aren't true SSS, and there are a lot of members that contribute a great deal to this site but aren't supporting members. Let it be open to everyone, and let the votes decide if the winner will be an SSS or something else.

:withstupid:

I agree with a few others, the site is SILVERADOSS.COM. Bringing in clones and look alikes is like the guys that buy a F-150 Ford and tack on the Harley Davidson decals. It just ain't the same folks. Keep the site SS. :nopity:

as i see it and sense alot of SSS owners are worried that the clones will get the awards rathre then their plain jane looking run of the mill SSS. im sorry but tint and rims with sounds dont get you much more the ok...nice truck. for a truck of that nature to get credited over say Imposter's truck is just pathetic.

yes site is called silveradoSS.com....i came to this site to find info on the truck that my old motor came from. i then carried on to make my truck close to the prototype and now just more then typical truck.. now i say your run of the mill SSS bumper cover truck shouldnt get credited. but a full out build of a clone or a few steps past is in favor

if you make it only SSS then you wont have much of a selection then. alot of SSS on this site are plain with just rims and stereo...those arent mods IMHO. also a BS tune to clean up the TQ management isnt considerd modded....IMHO

modded would be chase and his vortech, modded is Holty, modded is revolution or imposter and etc

I for one enjoy this site and I thought that most of the people accepted me even though I have the VHO not the SS. I'm not sure about all VHO's but I know mine came with the same suspension, transmission, and 20's as well as the LQ9 motor as the SSS

Yes, the site is called SSS but there is allot of information that pertains to my ride as well, however if you members deciede not to allow me participate, post at this site then so be it. Yes, I'll be a little pissed off and chances are I'll still lurk but I wont post.

I for one enjoy this site and I thought that most of the people accepted me even though I have the VHO not the SS. I'm not sure about all VHO's but I know mine came with the same suspension, transmission, and 20's as well as the LQ9 motor as the SSS

Yes, the site is called SSS but there is allot of information that pertains to my ride as well, however if you members deciede not to allow me participate, post at this site then so be it. Yes, I'll be a little pissed off and chances are I'll still lurk but I wont post.

good point....if it wasnt for some of the non-sss members alot of the SSS members wouldnt have no freaking idea about things

if ride is respectable and has more then tint,rims and stereo and bs tune then it should be up for the award

I agree with you guys on this, however it seems that the poll is starting to speak for itself. However Quik I dont agree with the stereo/rims aspect. Rims can get up to multiple thousands of dollars costing the same of what a supercharger would be. Same thing can be said for a system (6.0ss comes to mind with his 15,000 system) Levels of detail and modification should be involved, so I would not just let the fact that you have to have tinkered with the speed section to get to it.

My opinion still stands of letting voting take it, however I dont think that some of the Vho/clone guys should stop posting in protest. Be happy that we have a featured truck and that the site is moving on. Pretty soon the VHO's and clones with get thier spot too. I just think we need to get this moving already!

I agree with you guys on this, however it seems that the poll is starting to speak for itself. However Quik I dont agree with the stereo/rims aspect. Rims can get up to multiple thousands of dollars costing the same of what a supercharger would be. Same thing can be said for a system (6.0ss comes to mind with his 15,000 system) Levels of detail and modification should be involved, so I would not just let the fact that you have to have tinkered with the speed section to get to it.

My opinion still stands of letting voting take it, however I dont think that some of the Vho/clone guys should stop posting in protest. Be happy that we have a featured truck and that the site is moving on. Pretty soon the VHO's and clones with get thier spot too. I just think we need to get this moving already!

no i can agree on full out stereo done up. but im saying ppl that toss a sub in and some mids and say hey look.... yes rims can cost alot but if you toss rims on a totally stock ride...what do you have then? baller status?.. now if its part of the truck like Holty or chase then we can agree

would some ppl get bent out of shape...yes they will....will it keep me from posting, NO. will i likey vote for a run of the mill SSS, no...will i vote for say chase, holty, or a few others yes...

as for the poll there are more SSS on here then clones or vho etc that wil lget the vote.....theres minorities on here and they are the clones and vho/vmax and etc

since were all discussing it i'll throw in my .02

as others have stated it was originaly called silveradoSS.com, but thats when there was only the silveradoSS, now there are other trucks with the same drivetrain/suspension. the only thing that's different on the SSS is the body kit, gauges, badges, and the SS sewn in the headrest.

when people say things like a corvette shouldn't be compared to a camaro, well that makes no real sense, they are two completely different cars. now would anyone argue that a Z28 should not be compared to an SS camaro when there only difference is a hood, a spoiler, and a badge?.. i don't think so.

are truck are all built on the same frame with the same components.

i think the SSS only thing will drive a lot of people that contribute away.

imho, it should be everybody worthy of the honor or at the very least everbody that falls in this catagorie.. SilveradoSS.com- The SS/VHO/Vortec Max Enthusiast Forum.

i also agree with the others that stated the fact that if it is just SSS the variety will be very limited, and eventualy get boring... the only variances will be who has what mods.

:cheers:

DOH! I didnt realize this poll was for Truck of the Month voting, I was under the impression that it was some stupid poll wether or not to allow us non SSS members to participate in general activities, posting etc. Guess I had a blonde moment, sorrry about that.

I agree the featured truck should be a true SSS just based on the name of this site but all members should be able to vote.

Again, sorry for the brain fart, I was NOT threatning not to post, I thought I was being asked not to post and being a semi newbie here figured I'd go with what the majority said.

oh oh oh .... I got another one .... since you guys are saying that the work gone into a clone is worth more then the stock SSS ... are you also saying that a Yenko clone is more valuable then an original stock yenko ... and on the yenko sites they should allow the clones to take awards because they worked hard to fake the original?

yesssssss .... wicked burn .... shake and bake ....

oh oh oh .... I got another one .... since you guys are saying that the work gone into a clone is worth more then the stock SSS ... are you also saying that a Yenko clone is more valuable then an original stock yenko ... and on the yenko sites they should allow the clones to take awards because they worked hard to fake the original?

THAT JUST HAPPEND!

nice can of worms you just opend.....if you go about it that way then. any mod to the ride makes it lose all appreciation then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So then it has to be a totally stock SSS to be considered along your lines. cause once you mod it, its no longer a valuable item. knowing that ppl that have Yenko's keep them stock!!! so they can be worth money. now ppl with clone yenkos mod them and race them and arent afraid to trash on them cause of the non valuable