VOTE NOW - all members or sss owners only?

Holty

Vote for eligibility  

165 members have voted

1. 1. which trucks should be allowed?

• Silverado SS owners ONLY
    • Silverado SS's, VHO's, and VMAX's ONLY
    • All GM trucks including clones, tbss, etc

I guess the point I am getting at is other forums stay true to what they are called. We have great danes and my ole ladie is a part of many great dane forums are there other dog owners on this forum..ofcourse BUT they have featured dogs of the week and they have to be a Dane to be considered not a lab with cropped ears being known as a imposter dane. My point is Great Dane forum has featured Great Danes a SilveradoSS forum should feature Silverado SS's.

again if you put rims on and say hey im show worthly then thats not fair to others. ok look at this way the first silverado SS is in early 90s...can they still be counted? first few SS trucks of new body style came out before 03 for nonproduction....im a clone somewhat off the Original concept...but saying ppl's rides like imposter shoudl be counted for sure!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the point I am getting at is other forums stay true to what they are called. We have great danes and my ole ladie is a part of many great dane forums are there other dog owners on this forum..ofcourse BUT they have featured dogs of the week and they have to be a Dane to be considered not a lab with cropped ears being known as a imposter dane. My point is Great Dane forum has featured Great Danes a SilveradoSS forum should feature Silverado SS's.

SSS RULES

SilveradoSS.com- The SS/VHO/VortecMax Enthusiast Forum. Right? :dunno: .

No they just added that .......since they re-routed the other sites to this one. A couple years ago VHO didn't even have a sub forum ... the generous folks on here let them get their own little sub forum. SSS was the only true truck on here ... then there were sister trucks like the C3, denalis, vho, vortec max, etc.....

y don't we just let it be any member. if your on here and you contribute to the site why not. we all put our time in here just like everyone else and just because some don't own SSS that doesn't mean they don't have nice trucks. i say if your a member (active) and give into this site you should at least have a chance to be recognized!!!! just my .02

What is the name of our site?

SS only...

other GM full size sites fotr the clones...(which I like)...but my truck is an SS...not a copy...

aznd only supporting members should be allowed in also...i guess that is the price of admission...or stay on the porch...Just my 2 cents

SSS RULES

the only thing i dont agree with here in cadillacbobs post is the supporting member part this guy has 75 posts and i have almost 500 and have been a member since 2003 my other member name is michaelnewman look it up just because i dont pay money doesnt make me any less i have a real SSS.

Edited by pimp ss (see edit history)

The site is frequented by titans, lightings, SS's, TBSS's, VHO's, Vortex Max's, C3's etc etc the list goes on.

In my opinion there are many people in here that used to have SS's (most of the TBSS guys) Members that have donated a lot of info into the site, use the search function. I think it would be unwise to not allow Clones, VHO/Vortec Max's, TBSS into the mix Yes our site is called Silveradoss.com However the site has evolved since its inception. And the simplest way to put it. If you dont want to vote for them you dont have to. The actual set up of the voting process will not have 1 vho, 1 sss, 1 tbss, 1 clone. That would spread out the votes too much. Plus if you lose you are eligible to win again, I am pretty sure A LOT of people here are going to get a chance to win if not win.

I say let our clones, the Silverado SS's, the vho/maxs and the tbss in!

so we can keep up with our trend of doing a lot of talking and discussing and not actually doing anything :jester:

i kid ... i kid .....

It all depends on what they want the competition to mean ... is it really a Truck of the Month? Is it more of a member appreciation for hard work? Is it performance truck of the month? Is it show truck of the month? Is it most innovated truck of the month? Is it the most modded truck of the month? Is it fan favorite truck of the month? I think you see where I'm going

With the rules stating you have to be a member of the site with ...blahblahblah .... it seems to me like the competition is more of a member appreciation rather than SS appreciation. So if you meet the membership requirements I think you should be able to compete. But it all depends on what focus the mods want the competition to be. That is why I say ..... MODS DECIDE AND JUST DO IT

Edited by Big O (see edit history)

so we can keep up with our trend of doing a lot of talking and discussing and not actually doing anything :jester:

i kid ... i kid .....

Hey thats what a proper goverment system is like ;)

I think it should be open to anyone who is a member of this site. There are a lot of nice trucks here that aren't true SSS, and there are a lot of members that contribute a great deal to this site but aren't supporting members. Let it be open to everyone, and let the votes decide if the winner will be an SSS or something else.

SilveradoSS.com- The SS/VHO/VortecMax Enthusiast Forum. Right? :dunno: .

No they just added that .......since they re-routed the other sites to this one. A couple years ago VHO didn't even have a sub forum ... the generous folks on here let them get their own little sub forum. SSS was the only true truck on here ... then there were sister trucks like the C3, denalis, vho, vortec max, etc.....

Is this a touchy subject for you BigO?

I can sense a disturbence in the force.......GOOSEFRABBA.......I like how you put it Generous folks on here let them get their own LITTLE sub forum... :crackup::wtf:

lol ... not really a sore subject ... I really couldn't care ... but I remember there was a HUGE fight just like this a couple years ago. There were true die hard SSS fans who didn't want to allow anything except for the original (454) and the new SSS. And there were a group of people who said ... well we are all into power trucks and we share the same ideas blah blah blah ... kind of a history repeating thing again.

I just get tired of everyone always talking and trying to find little loopholes as to why the VHO and the V-Max are just the same as the SSS. They are different trucks built for different people, there are a lot of fine details that seperate the SSS from the clones and the VHO boys, but nothing better or worse ... actually in my mind I think the 2003-2005 SSS should be grouped together, and everything else should be together.

Maybe I have been on here too long and should just let the newer crowd run the show, because I don't have the time, money, desire to build a truck that would compete for the award. Its just not that big of a deal to me I guess, but I do think that people who have that drive and effort should be recognized, no matter what vehicle it is. But to exclude some, and not others isnt right in my mind and I guess I am going to defend it.

But if we start fighting over Girlie pics & sigs again ...... then I will start to feel a disturbance in the force.